Engine revving

I have a question. I took my Teg out of the garage and let it warm up. Had it in park, and it was making some sort of weird revving noises. It went up to 2000 RPMs, then down to about 900, and so forth every couple of seconds. I got in, and tried it in all gears, and it only does that in neutral and park.

Any ideas as to what it could be.
C

lots of things…

bent valves, needs tune up…the list goes on. try searching and see what you can come up with.

my 92 gsr does that same thing. i was told by a friend of mine it could be the iacv or something like that. its not in need of a tune up cuz mine didnt start till after i gave it a full tune up, but it does not affect driveability so i dont really worry about mine.

Originally posted by s15sr20det
my 92 gsr does that same thing. i was told by a friend of mine it could be the iacv or something like that. its not in need of a tune up cuz mine didnt start till after i gave it a full tune up, but it does not affect driveability so i dont really worry about mine.

Surging idles seem to typically be caused by the IACV. Try this and see if it fixes your problem:
http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35534

Mine did that same damn thing. It could really be anything. Leakin presure line, map sensor anything really. But for me it was my throttle positioning sensor. It was dirry and it needed to be cleaned. It was sticking. After that was done it idles fine now.

Good luck man. I know i hated it =/

Did the ecu reset itself lately or did your car not have power for a while or anything? Mine does that every time I reset the ecu, but it only does it for a few seconds/minutes and then idles down to where it should be. I’m guessing it has to do with the ecu “figuring things out” again, but not positive, it never does it any other time.

>>Did the ecu reset itself lately or did your car not have power for a while or anything? <<

Yah it was at my body shop for a good couple of months. But I did drive her for about 2 hrs from the shop to home.

C

Originally posted by IntegraC

Yah it was at my body shop for a good couple of months. But I did drive her for about 2 hrs from the shop to home.
C

Oh, ok, mine does it within the first few minutes of letting it idle after resetting the ecu. If it ran from the shop, it’s probably something else causing the revving.