engine swap question for all:

i’ve got a 91 integra, original b18a motor with cai, and a 5 zigen fireball exhaust that was cut off a bolt on assembly from a 99’ civic and welded on. lol. n e wayz, i’m looking 2 do an engine swap, and i’m curious, what would be the better thing 2 do. a gsr or a prelude engine? i’ve heard both good and bad things about the b18c and the h22a, but i thought it’d be best 2 ask the peeps who really know what’s up…

also, if i’m 2 do a swap, what transmissions would work best with the engine’s i’ve specified… ex: ls trans or head with gsr or h22a engine…

thanx in advance for all advice pertaining 2 my question…

ps… will my cai or any other 91 after market parts fit on one of these new engines…

pss… i’ll try 2 get pics of my teg up soon, the interior is completely stripped out and i just finished having my emblems shaved off completely…

Personally I think the H22 is just too big for the generation 2 Integras. But again, that’s my opinion. The B18C is an excellent choice, but obviously has less power and costs more than the H22. So why the B18C over the H22? Ease of installation and weight. Please read the Engine Swap Guide on the Teg Tips page. Hope this helps.

get a b18c type R engine. its more fun. nah i but really it would be eassier to put the GSR engine in because you would need to do more mods to put the h22 in. also, your CAI and stuff wont fit on the h22, but it might fit the b18c.

Originally posted by spacedout
get a b18c type R engine. its more fun. nah i but really it would be eassier to put the GSR engine in because you would need to do more mods to put the h22 in. also, your CAI and stuff wont fit on the h22, but it might fit the b18c.

I don’t know, the GSR gots that damn upside down IM.:confused:

Originally posted by Matt1600
[B]

I don’t know, the GSR gots that damn upside down IM.:confused: [/B]

get a skunk 2 manifold and its fixed:clap:

for the price of the h22 swap, you could buy about 4 gsr motors.

or… have one really built gsr motor.:whoa: :cool:

thank you all…

Guys thanx alot for the info… most appreciated. i feel that i should go with the gsr engine then. wasn’t entirely sure, because many people have told me good things about the h22a but never warned me about the pains of installing it. thanx a ton, gsr for me:)

next question would be what mods can i get for the gsr that would fit in the 2nd gen teg?

i particularly like the gsr engine due to that fact that it’s turbochargable, but i wonder is it also superchargable?

once again, thank you for your help, it’s greatly appreciated.

umm the ls engine is also turbochargeable and is probably better on a non vtec and no company really makes a supercharger for our year integra! oh and for mods do a search there lots of good info on what you can do!:slight_smile:

You can always go for a b16a as well

I know that vortech makes a supercharger for the gsr motor …however im not sure on how it will fit on the g2 engine bay …you may have to relocate a few things i.e battery and maybe master cylinder. Ive seen a guy on here do it to his b17 similair to a b16 setup. As for turbo it would have to be a custom work. but for turbo i would consider a b20…or even a b20 with cr-vtech.