Engine Swap

Hey everyone i got a 91 LS and the engine has 165,000 miles on it, w/ a leaking cam seal, valve cover gasket, exhaust manifold gasket, and oil pan gasket…I was wondering if I could take a 94 and newer non-vtec teg motor and put it in my car and still pass California SMOG test? I think I would be swapping a…B18A1 for a B18B1? I gues they have a lil more power and such, i mainly want it for less miles. Also, Is it possible to take that new motor, put new internals in the head to get it to redline @ like around 10,000, then maybe put a 50 shot on it??? Please don’t laugh, I’m tryin to see what I need to do, and what i need to buy.

Thanx…:burnout:

You can swap a B18b into your car, just look at the teg tips engine swap write up and it will tell you all you need to know.
Also, good luck trying to get your engine to rev up to 10,000 RPM’s, their is no power up their for the B18b’s or B18a’s, and you will have to get a chip if you really want it. I suggest against it, you will just kill your motor trying to rev that high. The highest I would go with a non-vtec engine is maybe 8,000 or 8,500.

Just my $0.2
Good luck with the swap :up: