exhaust rattle

I have been having problems with my exhaust having a metallic rattle under my console, and People have told me that it’s my Cat, I was wondering how to fix this problem? Do I have to replace it? or do I have to tighten up on some bolts. Since this started happening I have had people tell me that my exhaust (stock) doesn’t have as "tuned " sound as before, could this is cause the problem? or is it something else? one last thing, at high rpm’s I hear my exhaust rattle loadly, it’s the same thing right?

So many questions, sorry. Any input will help, thank you :up:

I’m no genious, but your cat?? I would say the heat shield that is over the cat maybe? Check all the bolts on that and the cat…HTH.

Maybe i’m right :shrug:

Simon

Your resinator might be cracked or broken. I think that’s the problem with mine, it rattles when you accelerate @ about 2500-3500rpm.

Could be a few things as stated. Just stick your head down there and listen as somebody revs the engine. Also, might be the header connection to the cat leaking or the donut failing.

Tom

I thought that my exhaust was rattling but it ended up being the left hand side engine mount making a buzzing noise.

Originally posted by integra93LS
I thought that my exhaust was rattling but it ended up being the left hand side engine mount making a buzzing noise.
I wouldn’t describe mine as buzzing, it’s more metalic and like some one crankling up tin-foil or something.

yeh, i just found mine is where the header is. so whoever said that, is prob. right. pop your hood, and rev the car manually with your finger (pull that little lever) and you can hear the rattle come by the header. (this is prob. if you have stock headers still)

I got the same thing happening as TeKnoHe@d2025, there’s a metallic rattling sound when accelerating around 2500 to 3000 rpm. Not as much as when accelerating but rather when the car is either being revved in neutral, or when clutch is pressed in (which means that it’ll make the noise every time i shift gears during normal city driving… it’s annoying)

Powerslave, if you get your problem fixed lemme know what it was that was wrong. I’m kinda saving up for a new cat back exhaust right now hoping that it is the resinator. I jacked my car up and was checking out the cat and resinator and it seems like the resinator was making the noise when I tapped in it.