F1 Clutches? how are they crap or not crap that is the question

anyone ever try those f1 clutches i see them alot lately just wondering cause i need a clutch bad and low on funds they are cheep on ebay i am not for ebay stuff but my friend says his is good any ideas would be great

If you’re going to go with a cheaper brand eBay clutch, go with XTD. A buddy of mine has had 3 different XTD clutches and they held up very well. For the price, you can’t really beat them.

I only know one person who has used an F1 clutch, and he has problems with it slipping and just not grabbing well, on a 115wtq B16. Granted, he didn’t break it in properly, so mthat probably has something to do with it… but still.

Id go with an XTD setup, make sure you break it in properly, and enjoy a great clutch for a minimal price.

If all you need is the clutch disc, and you’re looking for a cheap but nice quality replacement try
NKK.

http://www.allreplacement.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_2_3_4&product_id=7602

i used f1 clutch before, after i broke it in, it held up very well and grabbed really hard. I liked it, the clutch lasted for the 5+ years i had the car with me driving aggressively and the weekend racing, still grabbed good before i sold the car

cool guys thanks, kevin, i may try that. kev ya know this already but, i got a exedy stage 3 and they sent me 1 and i paid 200 extra for the 3 so i was gonna over night a cheepo and use till its no good and then throw in the 3. im gonna look at the xtd and i would say your buddys f1 that didnt hold was because of bad break in, thats one very important thing on any clutch, again thanks guys

go with comp… i had a stage 2 on my high compression 86mm block and it held up perfectly fine

I have a F1 clutch 6puck double sprung and after I broke it in driving smooth and easy for 1 week its held up with my itr swap. I installed it last may and I just took it out today and it still looks new…

I think any clutch will do if you take the time to break it in the right way.
why are you looking at F1 clutches and whats your setup and plans. you know you can get a clutch disk from excedy oem class for like $60 and it will last you years and not be to hard on your tranny like a 6 puck.
Ive already broken 2 sir lsd’s with mine so unless your a full race setup stick with oem or stg 1.

I bought a F1 Racing Stage 1 Clutch and 12 lb Flywheel off of gripforce-clutches on eBay. Everything arrived yesterday and I opened all of the boxes. Everything was going well until I got to the clutch disc. One of the springs made a noise, as if something was loose inside. That was enough to deter me from using any of their products. I’ll be returning everything, and I already have a Exedy OEM Replacement Clutch Kit on the way. Just my $.02.

dont waste your time with these cheap F1 clutches… they are really trash. i have installed many and they always go to shit after being used for about 1 year… or less. i dont know what your set up is but chances are that you do not need any stage 3 crazy clutch. dont assume its better just because its titled “STAGE 3” or 2… doesnt mean anything… thats something the company gives it. an exedy oem clutch is more than sufficient for a simple b series swap with boltons. if you drive really aggresive go with exedy stage1. more than you will ever need. i know the f1s are cheaper than brands like exedy… clutchmasters… ACT… ect just remember you get what you pay for.

i got an F1 “stage 2” clutch, i’ve had it put on in sept, broke it in for 1500km, and its been grabbing nice ever since… even 4th grabs hard when i’m doing a pull… youtube my username and look for a video called “b20 pull pt2” or even “b20 vs d15b supercharged” in these videos i’ve got about 5000k km on the clutch… the only problem i have with it is when i engage @ low rpms i get a good amount of clutch chatter which gets a little annoying, although i no longer have the car anymore (got hit) i still have the motor & trans which i plan to swap into my new db1… take note though i havven’t had it longer than a year yet so i can’t speak fully on the longevity of the clutch

I bought a F1 Stage 2 clutch as well in aug of last year and havent had any issue with it at all. I broke it in for about 1000 miles before i started to get on it. Weekend race it and beat on it pretty good in my LSvtec Turbo daily. Cant speak fully on the longevity of the clutch either but id say for the money its worth it.

My f1 is holding up great and has been for 6 months on 8 pounds, not a trailor queen it does get beat on too.

[QUOTE=AllmansTEG;2220636]If all you need is the clutch disc, and you’re looking for a cheap but nice quality replacement try
NKK.

http://www.allreplacement.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_2_3_4&product_id=7602[/QUOTE]

NKK is really great. Japanese aftermarket clutch set. Mated with a nice flywheel it’s really nice. I really recommend it.

Just ordered a stage 4 with their 9lb flywheel. Im using that with a B16 trans on my LS. After i get it put in and broke in, ill be sure to post up in here. Also using a hasport 94A rear mount, goin to the track in may!!!

I LITERALLY just threw in my B16 Cable tranny with a Stage 2 Disc Clutch and their lightweight flywheel! Parked it in my driveway and loosened the cable some because its only giving me a centimeter before it engages and when it engages, IT ENGAGES! After my next 496 miles, I will let you guys know how the clutch feels when its broken in.

I recommend a Competition Clutch stage 1. I have one and it’s nice. Bites harder than stock but retains a comfortable stock feel great for daily driving