Fabric Seat Needs Repair, What Blue Interior Is This?

With these cars becoming more and more scarce, it seems like it is getting harder to find details and replacement parts needed to recondition and restore a 2nd gen Integra. The db1 I purchased in February has a kind of blue interior, which is in great shape overall (needs a cleaning, but the carpet is good, passenger and rear seats look factory new). My issue is the driver’s seat. Cushion and supports on this seat are aweful, and very warped/used. When you sit down, the cushion “pancakes” to the left, indicating 200K miles or more driven by a large person. The seat bolster is ripped badly, and there is a 3" tear in the seat cushion fabric. I am up for the task of reconditioning this seat, even to the point of stitching a new OEM fabric seat cover or whatever, but the best case is I find a replacement seat at a reasonable price. Not trying to track or Auto X this car, so a racing seat is not really happening. Also, I want to avoid replacing all front and rear seats, door panels, dash, etc. if at all possible, thus my focus on just the driver’s seat.

The question is, has anyone seen this interior before, and do you know what it’s called?

I have researched online, and have seen references to “Palmy Blue” but I can’t seem to identify what that is, or if I have it. Also, any thoughts or suggestions for repair/replace are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I just pulled, cleaned, and took apart those type of seats from the junkyard. IIRC, that is the “Palmy Blue” code. The seats I pulled were from an interior just like yours, except the ext. was White.

I know it was not a 93, I believe it was a 90 but I could be mistaken. I really like these blue seats compared to the other ones as they have this wonderful blue cross stitching that looks great. I steam cleaned and rust proofed the whole thing and took apart everything but the upper bucket seat. I don’t think there is a way to take it apart without ruining something.

I have a similar issue as you where the wire that “pumps” the upper support (lumbar?) pokes through (at the second seem) the little (air sacs/bags?) and can be painful on long rides.

I used to have the issue your’re referring to where my seats would only pump up on one side. Pump that lever on the right side just before it lets out and look from the top (at the head support) down to see how uneven the support cushions are.

I hope some of this made sense.

[QUOTE=Titan_Killer;2328209]I just pulled, cleaned, and took apart those type of seats from the junkyard. IIRC, that is the “Palmy Blue” code. The seats I pulled were from an interior just like yours, except the ext. was White.

I know it was not a 93, I believe it was a 90 but I could be mistaken. I really like these blue seats compared to the other ones as they have this wonderful blue cross stitching that looks great. I steam cleaned and rust proofed the whole thing and took apart everything but the upper bucket seat. I don’t think there is a way to take it apart without ruining something.

I have a similar issue as you where the wire that “pumps” the upper support (lumbar?) pokes through (at the second seem) the little (air sacs/bags?) and can be painful on long rides.

I used to have the issue your’re referring to where my seats would only pump up on one side. Pump that lever on the right side just before it lets out and look from the top (at the head support) down to see how uneven the support cushions are.

I hope some of this made sense.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks! Yes, this is a white exterior 1990 Integra, so it may have been an identical car to the one you referenced. I have not pulled the driver’s seat out yet to take it apart, but I am planning to do so. It would be great to find another blue seat like this, and use the fabric/cushion material to repair. I’ll keep looking. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Absolutely, please update as well! I really love the way these seats were made. The multitude of different hues of blue really catch my eye. I also would like to reupholster with the exact same specs but I don’t know if it’s possible. The flip side is is that everyone wants (from my observation) the black/purple or black/grey sets, or they just custom it.

Tan is the least popular, blue, than, black; so you’ll just probably have to just be patient and wait for a nice set :slight_smile:

It really pops in my car as I have black plastics and black interior, I’ll snap a pic later.

Titan_Killer thanks for the follow-up. Also, huge props for giving away your car in the other thread. Incredible.
On that note, I could not help but notice one of your pics of the interior had a passenger seat my exact blue fabric color. Was this an old config of the car, or is that how you are delivering it to the next owner (tan driver, blue passenger)?
Another comment had something about black interior conversion.

What I am saying is, if you have one or more blue seats laying around, we should talk. :wink:
Still looking locally, but the G2 scene in the Triad area of North Carolina seems barren.

Bumping this thread as my search continues… not a true WTB type conversation, but I am still interested in any advice on finding this light blue OEM seat fabric, or what you have done with your bolsters/seat fabric repair on YOUR Integra. Thanks for any input, or if you “know a guy” with a couple old seats.