Factory A/F lean

I just got go my lc-1 with a xd-16 installed, and my car is running 14.6 to 15.9 throught about 45% throttle, once I hit around 55 -60% throttle my A/F drops to around 13.5. Is this normal factory tuning?

B17a1 H/I/itr cams
still running on the narrow band O2 senor.

Any ideas are welcome.

I am planning to to use my lc-1 to replace the factory O2 band when I hook up my Neptune RTP, I’m just trying to get a base of what my engine has been doing cause my mpg sucks, 20mpg on normal driving

13.5 is rich, not lean, and yes that is normal. That is why when people with Diesel trucks and european cars get chips the power and mileage increases dramatically. The factory makes the car as safely tuned as possible, in case you get some bad gas or another unpredictable circumstance comes up. The 14.6 to 15.9 is also normal, 15.9 is getting pretty lean, but is still acceptable on a NA engine, plus Honda tuned it so you know it is right. Once you get your tuning program you should get better mileage from leaning out the rich areas, and advancing the timing if you want to.

thanks for the reply, guess I was not clear, had a long day at work. I’m not to concerned with the 13.5 at wot, it was running on the lean side while cruising at 15 to 30% throttle. I figured I cruising that I should be running 13.9 to 14.5 and was shocked to see it up at 15.7-15.9. I always figured that I was running rich cause I have the black gas residue on my bumper and I can smell gas after the sits and idles for a while.

When the stock 02 sensor goes bad, do you tend to see the hondas running richer or lean.

I believe with a bad O2 it will be rich, I have had two that way. I was actually spitting a little gas out the tail pipe one time it was so bad. Part throttle is fine that high, you arent running a whole lot of timing at partial throttle so it can be leaner for better fuel economy while just cruising around, such as on the highway.