Factory size speaker??

Hey can anyone tell me what’s the size for the factory speaker in the front and rear. My car recently got broke into, and those bastard jack all my speaker. :mad: Oh well I was gonna change the speaker anyway. Now I need to know the size before I go out and shop for the speaker.

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=14512&highlight=stock+speaker+size

all 6.5"

5.25 will also fit in the fronts according to Crutchfield, i have 6.75’s in all of mines (got um for dirt cheap) and modified the brackets in the rear and added spacers in the front to compensate for the magnet size.

The sedan rears i believe are 6x9 also. But the front and rear for 2 dr HB’s are 6.5 all around

2 door or 4 door? And your in Canada. I still haven’t got a clear answer if Canadian 2 dr have 5 1/4 up front. Mine did, but I made 6 1/2 fit by screwing the screws into the holes that hold the basket, keeping the basket on, and cutting hole in bottom.

But supposedly CDN 4 doors have 6 1/2, so you use those baskets. Somebody tell me I’m wrong/right.

back from the dead but fronts are 5 1/4 in my sedan, 90 GS, i did exactly waht you did, screwed 2 screws into the holes that hold the basket in.

I bashed the bottoms of the basket out with a broom handle…ahh felt good!

Did the same as you with the baskets, although I just cut a small hole. I have DEI speakers, witch have small magnets.

Re: Factory size speaker??

Originally posted by KinMeister
Hey can anyone tell me what’s the size for the factory speaker in the front and rear. My car recently got broke into, and those bastard jack all my speaker. :mad: Oh well I was gonna change the speaker anyway. Now I need to know the size before I go out and shop for the speaker.

all of the speakers are 6 1/2", i happen to have 4 speakers for sale, 2 polk and 2 pioneer TS1655 premiers, let me know if you want them.

not in a 4door, 4door’s have 5 1/4 in front and 6x9’s in the back.

Again, look for a pattern forming… CDM USDM… 2DR 4DR… The year…

So far, the Canadians seem to have 5 1/4