Fast and Furious 6

I’ve found that I enjoy movies more if I just accept movies as entertainment and leave my “engineer brain” at home. Nevertheless, for anyone else who saw this movie, isn’t it great that they had to use older “non computerized” cars to beat the bad guy? It was kinda nice that there wasn’t so much damn emphasis on technology and they gave some respect to cars that don’t have bells and whistles. I’m assuming of course that there were no computers needed to generate the power in the vehicles anyway :wink:

Especially when Toretto catches Letty in midair and survive with no apparent injuries.

“How did you know the windshield would break our fall?”- also how did you not break your back?

Still an exciting movie though

“Spoiler Alert!” you bitch! :lol:

I also think the F and F series should redo the whole import scene without the flashy body kits and neon lights and NOS… Might change the general public view of imports.

They need to have cars that are hellaflushed and stanced with sticker bomb’d errthang. Haha jk

I mean they did do the import drag scene, road racing and the drifting scene… What’s next? Rally?

I enjoyed it. Though if any of the cars were upgraded to electronic ignition or EFI they could still have vulnerable electronics (say to the device used in 2Fast 2Furious). :wink:

Oops, engineer brain!

I opted out of the series after the first one.

I opted out of the series before the first one.

I thought the same thing. But as I said… “shut off brain”. :slight_smile:

I did initially too. Went to see the fourth one without having seen 2F2F at all and only catching bits and pieces of Tokyo Drift on TV.

I recently took a project management course as part of my engineering professional development and the instructor actually recommended watching stupid shows or movies on your down time in order to reduce job stress. So shut off brain = good!

By the way, because the aircraft fight scenes were, in effect, all happening at the same time (and could really only be shown one at a time to the audience), the runway length should perhaps be a quarter of what was supposedly “calculated” by those meme-creators. But I understand it’s meant to be obnoxious.

I teardown aircraft for a living and know the strength of certain areas of fuselages. With that said I laughed out loud when Vin Desiel drove the charger through the fore pressure bulkhead and on to the tarmac. But like Neil said, I turned off my brain to enjoy two hours away from work, the wife & kids. I have heard of people getting sucked into turbofan engines, but it does not make them explode. It does make a terrible mess in the thrust reversers and engine cowls. My old boss told me he saw a guy jump into a JT9D, and that PanAm dumped the engine at sea.