faulty icu? And other issues. multi problem post

well after a lot of reading i think my icu maybe faulty and need repaired replaced.

90 rs w/ 98 p8r head b20b ls manual trans all components are obd0 265k on chassis 70-80k on b20b

symptoms:

• oil light slowly goes from off to brightly lit longer you drive.
  • it also flashes with the left turnsignal indicator when its activated in cluster. its been doing this for a good 2 months now.
  • oil light started flashing the other night on me i had no option but to drive it home 2 hours of 55mph average speed.
  • oil level and appearance are good.
    no ticks knocks pings head is getting oil.
  • it is 2k or more overdue for oil change though
    i have checked the yellow/red colored pressure sensor wire lead from the connector to the plug on the engine side of harness.
    aside from the plug not being oem and about 2 inches of wire behind plug being stiff or brittle feeling ( it feels like the copper wire is severely oxidized or has been overheated at some point.
    ** side note here : the oil light does its dim to bright behavior and the blinking when i accidentally had it connected to the now unused black wire ground lead for the old ect switch
    it behaved the same when conected to the yellow/red wire as well

i did take the y/r wire for the pressure sensor and directly powered it off the pos+ bat terminal.
with the key off the light was bright solid lit up
turned key to on position and it completely turned off

• rear defroster doesnt work tried multiple defroster switches no light up no operation
  • seatbelts sliding action started being intermittent with operating properly just the drivers side but pass side n drivers side operate differently. currently unplugged from pass side kik panel modulem
  • wiper selector might be starting to act up uncertain

other non icu issues

car constantly blows out hot air. with speed selector In the off position.

• the hot cold dial doesnt work
  • also both selector sliders arent functional
  • the blower speed selector is functional
    the selector and panel for dials illuminate a/c button does not illuminate

the low fuel light doesnt illuminate when low
neither does the brake fluid light

dome light switches on door jambs intermittently operate also.

thanks for any and all help in advance

Thats what it sounds like to me that it is the ICU.
I have the wiper problem too- no intermitting wipe, just Hi/Lo only & the front blinkers are screwy too, turn the left blinker on and both front side markers flash like hazards put its only those that do it & if I’m not mistaken I think it also controls that too plus sometimes I too have seatbelt issues and Im completely 100 % positive that my ICU is at fault just haven’t had time to tackle this but the junkyard sales them cheap so grab a few if you can to try them out cuz more than likey you are going to find them in the same or worst condition so thats why I say grab a few of them. There is also a guy that rebuilds them but you’ll have to search for him bcuz I cant recall his email address. I have contacted him before but its been a while, ill see if i still have his info

thank you for replying. very much appreciated will the engine fire up and run with the ICU disconnected?

That I do not know, I haven’t tried that

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=104299469667744

It was $45 to repair the 90-93 integra icu last time i checked

[QUOTE=SlowB20z;2329241]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=104299469667744

It was $45 to repair the 90-93 integra icu last time i checked[/QUOTE]

sweet thanks for finding and posting the link
might go out and tinker with it upon sunrise
aany way to test the oil prezzure switch to see if its faulty ?

[QUOTE=jtkc;2329245]
aany way to test the oil prezzure switch to see if its faulty ?[/QUOTE]

Im sure theres probably a way to do it but dont get me lying to ya lol

lol no worries i know one su e fire way to test it go out n drive the car aggressively by keeping it n a gear lower than it should be in for till the engine seizes up. then youll knows that the idiot light was reading the sensor correctly lmao