FD3S build thread *MILLIONS OF PICTURES*

stripped down 90% of the interior today

Nice. bet that saved ya at least seven pounds. :wink:

Well its all going back in. I stripped it down to clean and restore all the panels. Im also putting carpet in.

ah, gotcha. probably a lot easier to clean outside the car…and guessing some spots needed a pretty thorough going-over.

what’s sitting in the spare well? doesn’t look OEM…

yea, the panels are pretty rough… pretty excited to transform them back to almost new. im doing the dash as well.

in 90% of fd’s the spare tire is a 16in enkie spare tire. its an actual enkie stamped spare tire. i’ll get a couple pictures of it…

i got a bunch of updates coming up… i just gotta take pictures and stuff. for right now though, i started on the engine harness. i got it unwrapped, de-pinned all the wires not being used and some what laid out how the wires will sit when i go to wrap it back up. i still have to measure stuff again to see which wires i need to shorten or lengthen for the wire tuck. i will also need to make some repairs.

since the car used to be AT, the transmission harness part had a lot of unused plugs that were just taped off. only 2 wires the entire thing are actually being used. i think theyre for the reverse lights. i was able to remove pretty much the entire thing.

i was also able to delete that black plug that connects to the little box that goes behind the ECU for AT cars. there were actually A LOT of wires coming off of it that was i able to delete.

i still have to lay the harness in the car one more time to finalize the location of the plugs and be sure that everything still works. after that, i can wrap the harness up properly this time and move on to the charge harness. after a bunch of work and de-pinning i am left with this.

before

after

i have a few pretty big updates coming, i just gotta take pictures and stuff. check back soon… :icon_tup: