Finally got to see and photograph a Ferrari F40

To me the F40 is hands down the best looking car of all time and it had been a goal of mine to see one in person for the longest time. I was beginning to think I would have to wait many years before that would become a reality, but I finally got the opportunity last month thanks to Elite Motorsports. They were kind enough to let me go down there and drool all over their recently acquired, pristine, $1.3 million dollar, 1992 Ferrari F40.

There is an old saying about never meet your heroes. Well I met one of mine and I gotta say it was even better than I had imagined. This car is just plain beautiful in every way, inside and out. I went a bit nuts with the photos so I wont post them all on here. If you’d like to see the full set it’s on my Flickr page at this link https://www.flickr.com/…/alwaysinvt…/sets/72157649395605817/ Enjoi

IMG_0282 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
IMG_0283 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
IMG_0302 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
IMG_0305 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
IMG_0332 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
IMG_0339 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
IMG_0363 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
IMG_0365 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
IMG_0380 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
IMG_0382 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
IMG_0383 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
IMG_0446 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
IMG_0459 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
IMG_0440 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
IMG_0421 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
IMG_0389 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
IMG_0376 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
IMG_0355 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
IMG_0350 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
IMG_0327 by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr

Again the entire set can be found on my Flickr page at this link - https://www.flickr.com/photos/alwaysinvtec/sets/72157649395605817/

:gotrice: :drool:

Nice seat covers :rofl:

What’s sad is those seat covers are probably worth more than both my cars

very nice. It’s no Civic SI, but I’d still drive it.

Are they actual Ferrari seat covers? I just assumed they had some towels on em or something.

lol! Yeah they’re actual Ferrari seat covers made specifically for the F40 that were on there back in 92 when it left the factory

I’m just sitting here in the corner waiting for photos of the Z8…

LOL…sorry. I didn’t take a single picture of it. I didn’t even look at it honestly. A hot girl could of walked in and asked for me and I wouldn’t of even noticed. I had tunnel vision on that f40

completely understandable.

but still inexcusable. :nana:

here’s the BMW i8…which failed to deliver on anything other than looks. kind of like the z8, actually. :giggle:

IMG_1319 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

hoooooo my gawd…my dream car…LOVE THIS!!

[QUOTE=armedferret;2322791]completely understandable.

but still inexcusable. :nana:

here’s the BMW i8…which failed to deliver on anything other than looks. kind of like the z8, actually. :giggle:[/QUOTE]
Oh nice, I have yet to see one of those. They look pretty sweet, but yeah not much I’m interested in on it other than looks. and lol yeah the z8 was pretty much a failure other than appearance. I remember seeing top gears review on it and they pretty much said it was junk…sorry “rubbish”

…I gotta ask, what’s with the horse head? lol

:hi5:

We were having issues with kids, acclimated to years of guys throwing candy through villages for the whole “hearts and minds” bullshit, expectantly running up to trucks when we rolled through. Sadly, a few kids, not realizing that 26-ton-truck > * :

(i’m in the middle, and 6’1", to give perspective on that truck’s size)

sadly, a few kids got killed, so we had to come up with a creative way of keeping them away from the trucks, but not pissing off the village elders. these villages were VERY welcoming and hospitable whenever we rolled through, and despised the taliban. We didn’t want to change that.

So I bought a creepy horse head mask, and another guy had a gorilla mask (yes, he brought a gorilla mask to Afghanistan…it’s EOD, you learn not to ask questions :giggle: ). we’d pop up out of the gunner’s turret wearing our masks, and the kids would laugh and run away from the trucks. we’d drop back inside, they’d run up again, and we’d jump out again. became a bit of a game that the kids enjoyed…and helped them keep their distance from the truck. win-win. :up:

then…it just got silly. i’d find a “busy” porta-john on base, wait in line, and when it was my turn, come out with the mask on. 30 marines waiting for a porta-john, suddenly laughing.

or we’d go onto the british side of the base, Camp Bastion, and run around with the mask on. randomly high-five people, or whatever. morale booster like crazy.

then when I got stateside, it turned into kind of a thing. American Ninja Warrior filmed in Baltimore around april, 2013. I was there.

yes, that’s me. i’m the only person in maryland with that hoodie. :smiley:

then I went on vacation to South Dakota:

and it’s kinda a hit with the ladies.

anywho.

Hopefully this isn’t seen as detracting from the gawjusness that is the F40. weren’t my intention, by any stretch. :wink:

It’s okay. If it weren’t for the title, I would have thought it was a Pontiac Fiero anyway.

i really need to drive to colorado to slap you sometime. i owe you like 5 or 6 anyway… :wink:

LOL add one for me too please. And na you’re good posting those photos. I finally understand now =] As odd as it seems if it worked to keep the kids safe and out of harms way then that’s awesome. I like the ninja warrior thing, that is great. I was looking at that picture like “umm, what am I looking for?” Then I saw it and busted out laughing. That’s great man. If I ever see someone walking around in a horse head I’ll make sure to walk up and see if it’s you

it’s become a bit of a .mil tradition. there’s some hilarious stuff out there with 'em. :giggle: