finished the 97 jdm itr cluster swap/bezel, pics inside

How much did everything cost? - Well the cost of the cluster, I think i paid around $150 or so for it. the dc bezel was $20 shipped. time/labor to wire in the new plugs to the correct wires. $30 for the vss sensor. $50 for a 96 gsr engine harness so i could use the vss plug. And then the everglass ($30/gallon), duramix (about $25-30/tube + you need the gun), & polyglass (used friends stuff). $7-10 bumper coat paint, to give the texture back to it. $4 semi flat krylon black paint cause the bumper coat was really dull black. And thats about it I think.

I like it alot, is there a write up to it? - There might be, there a few posts floating around here that other people have done the same thing. I’ve posted up a few times what wires go where. Basically all you need to know for the function part is the wiring. then get the cluster mounted in there. our dash has a center mount on the top of the cluster mounting location but it was going to set the top of the cluster too far forward, so i made a small bracket to mount it back a little on the top so it was level in place. i think like 1/2" back. Then a custom brack on bottom so it mounted to the stock da location. then i cut like 1/2" off the back of the da bezel. And 1/2" off the dc bezel and used the 1/2" section from the dc and molded it to the part where i cut off of the da bezel. although the top part of the da doesn’t need to be cut back really, just mainly the sides and bottom. and that all depends on how you mount the cluster in there too. what i did to mold them together, was mount the cluster and tape off the front of it. then stick the 1/2" section of the dc bezel onto it and centered, and tape that in place. the put on the da bezel. and from there use the duramix or everglass to spot glue the two togeter. then you can remove it and finish it outside the car.

here’s the wiring. i got the 97 jdm itr cluster cause it plugs right into the 96 gsr plugs i had and didn’t have the abs or airbag lights. my friend put a 01 jdm itr cluster into his 96 gsr, and something was off on it cause the wire pinouts. so he swapped the rear panel off his gsr cluster and put in on the itr one and everything functioned fine.

96 USDM GSR
PIN Wire Color Wire Function
B1 Red/Blue Seat Belt Reminder
B2 Lt Greeb/Red Door Open Indicator Light
B3 Yellow/White Fuel gauge
B4 Blue/White Low Fuel Indicator Light
B5 Empty
B6 Orange VSS
B7 Green Hatch Open Indicator Light
B8 Blue/Red ABS Control Unit
B9 Red Gauge Lights, Dash Light Dim
B10 Red/Black Gauge Lights
B11 Black/Yellow Charging Sysem & VSS
B12 Empty
B13 Green/Blue Left Turn Signal Indicator
B14 Green/Yellow Right Turn Signal Indicator
B15 Red/Green High Beam Indicator
B16 Green/Red Parking Brake Switch Light

D1 Empty
D2 Pink Maintenance Reminder Light
D3 Empty
D4 Yellow Ignition Power
D5 Red/Blue Cruise Light
D6 Black Ground
D7 Yellow/Green Engine Coolant Temp Gauge
D8 Empty
D9 White/Blue Charging System Light
D10 Empty
D11 Yellow/Red Low Engine Oil Pressure Light
D12 Green/Orange Malfunction Indicator (Ck Eng.) Light
D13 Blue Tachometer - ICM

A1 Yellow Ignition Power - SRS
A2 Empty
A3 Black SRS Ground
A4 Empty
A5 Blue SRS Unit

90-93 USDM Integra LS
A1 Yellow/Red Seat Belt Reminder Light
A2 Green/Red Parking Brake Switch Light
A3 Green/Black Hatch Open Indicator Light
A4 Green/Red Low Fuel Indicator Light
A5 Yellow/White Fuel Gauge
A6 Yellow/Red ECM, Trans Control, Moduel TCM, Cruise Unit, VSS
A7 Red Gauge Lights, Dash Light Dim
A8 Empty
A9 Red/Black Gauge Lights
A10 Green/Yellow Right Turn Signal Indicator

B1 Green/Blue Left Turn Signal Indicator
B2 Red/Blue High Beam Indicator
B3 Blue/Red ABS Indicator Light
B4 Blue Tachometer
B5 Green/Red Door Open Indicator Light
B6 Yellow/Green Engine Coolant Temp Gauge
B7 Black Ground
B8 Yellow Ignition Power
B9 Green/Orange Malfunction Indicator (Ck Eng.) Light
B10 Black/Yellow Charging Sysem
B11 White/Blue Charging System (Battery) Light
B12 Yellow/Red Low Engine Oil Pressure Light

C1 Red Cruise Control Unit
C2 Red/Black Gauge Lights - Cruise Control Dimming Circuit
C3 Empty
C4 Empty
C5 Black Cruise Control Ground
C6 Empty
C7 Yellow Ignition Power for Cruise Control Unit

and just for reference cause i had the plugs, i tried to find out these too. don’t know if they are all right though. i never got around to the last plug.

99-Up JDM ITR (w/ abs & srs)
B1 Yellow/White Fuel gauge
B2 Lt Green/Red Door Open Indicator Light
B3 Empty
B4 Blue/White Low Fuel Indicator ???
B5 Empty
B6 Blue/White Low Fuel Indicator ???
B7 Green Hatch Open Indicator Light
B8 Red/Blue ABS Control Unit
B9 Black Ground
B10 Red/Black Gauge Lights
B11 Black/Yellow Charging Sysem, VSS
B12 Empty
B13 Green/Blue Left Turn Signal Indicator
B14 Green/Yellow Right Turn Signal Indicator
B15 Red/Green High Beam Indicator
B16 Green/Red Parking Brake Switch Light

D1 Empty
D2 Empty
D3 Empty
D4 Yellow/Blue
D5 Empty
D6 Black Ground
D7 Yellow/Green Engine Coolant Temp Gauge
D8 Empty
D9 White/Blue Charging System Light
D10 Empty
D11 Yellow/Red Low Engine Oil Pressure Light
D12 Green/Orange Check Engine - Malfunction Indicator Light
D13 Blue Tachometer - ICM

Blue/White	
Yellow	
Yellow/Blue	
Red/Green	
Green/Whtie	
Yellow/Red	
Green/White	
Red/Black	
Red	
Empty	
Empty	
Empty	
Black/Yellow

Is the a6 pin on the DA not connected when doing this swap?? What about pins b6,b11,d9 in the DC plug and b10, b11 on the DA… How did u wire these up? ?? One more Q… These are the only wires I have left to connect… Thanks
Angel

Nice job and great thread! Archivethis.

subscribed for when i start on mine good stuff man

How did you get the “A/C” button and the cheater controls amber? I have everything else done.

where’d u find that integra center piece for the steering wheel?

the ac section with the dial is very hard. i messed up the first one i did. basically i took some goof off and a q-tip and rubbed off the blue. Also had some windex to clean off the remover real quick. Didn’t want it to sit on too long. it took a long time. cause you do a little, clean it off, remove some more, clean it off. and then you gotta try to not take off the white under the blue, or the black that is around the outside. the black is thicker, but will come off too. maybe some 1000/1500 grit sand paper could take it off easier. but once i got the blue off, i got some tamaya transparent orange paint, and painted orange in place of the blue.

The selector part where you select where the air comes out of is easy. The blue on there doesn’t really need to come off as it doesn’t shine though. so i just took some orange film (stuff used for dj lighting) and put a layer or 2 over the images and put the strip back onto the panel. Then also took off the blue covers over the blubs, and also painted the tamaya paint around the clear plastic that goes around the buttons so it reflect orange around the buttons instead.

The “INTEGRA” horn insert is jdm. ebay, or http://www.shopresponse.com/integra_da_jdm.html Don’t know if they have any 90-91 inserts left. I just swapped out to a 92-93 wheel, and sold mine to my friend for $10.

Looks really good. Good job.

LAtes.

very kleeen…lovin’ everything about your kaa…especially the manual belts…noice!