Floor mat question

I didnt feel this was a technical enough question to ask in the regular section so i just put it here ( i hope thats alright )

Why do DA floor mats always slide forward and get ripped. I got so tired of the stupid floor mat moving that i put in an accord floor mat

Also whre it says " integra " on the floor mat. Was that dyed thread or…? Im just wondering why the integras become illegible but the accord floor mat i put in is fine.

The floor mat im using

[QUOTE=Tippey764;2165992]I didnt feel this was a technical enough question to ask in the regular section so i just put it here ( i hope thats alright )

Why do DA floor mats always slide forward and get ripped. I got so tired of the stupid floor mat moving that i put in an accord floor mat

Also whre it says " integra " on the floor mat. Was that dyed thread or…? Im just wondering why the integras become illegible but the accord floor mat i put in is fine.

The floor mat im using

[/QUOTE]

Gosh that looks nasty. Sliding forward? Engineering flaw maybe. The teeth suppose to grip on the carpet. Hows your carpet or teeth under the mat? Some newer cars, the mats are secured on two or more hooks. Yes the “integra” does wear out and its just regular white string. They’re not durable.

My mats never slide forward. The “integra” is gone though. wear and tear.

[QUOTE=91akira;2165996]Gosh that looks nasty. Sliding forward? Engineering flaw maybe. The teeth suppose to grip on the carpet. Hows your carpet or teeth under the mat? Some newer cars, the mats are secured on two or more hooks. Yes the “integra” does wear out and its just regular white string. They’re not durable.

My mats never slide forward. The “integra” is gone though. wear and tear.[/QUOTE] lol that floor mat is actually pretty nice. Its wet in the picture because i just cleaned it. It looked like this before i cleaned it LOL. I took it because its rare, it only came in 1993 accord SE’s

Anyways my driver floor mat always slides forward into the dead pedal. Its actually crumpled up and ripped from it. The teeth dont hold into the carpet at all ( but the accord floor mat does very well

And both of my rear floor mats are ripped in the top left corner ( asuming the previous owner put them on the wrong side one point in time )

looks like your gonna have to cut the bottom to make it fit in the integra right?

[QUOTE=91akira;2166006]looks like your gonna have to cut the bottom to make it fit in the integra right?[/QUOTE] Nope. it fits in just fine. That little peice of carpet on the bottom right just curves a little bit. The floor mat dosent move so im happy

By the way, does anyone have pictures of OEM tan floor mats? i cant seem to find any still pictures of tan floor mats.

wouldnt know what to tell you man.

but i do have the same problem with the black Integra Type-R floor mats i have in my DA9.
not sure what year car they came from because i found them behind the apartments in a wood pile.
they fit nearly perfect, but i still have to pull it back a few inches every few days.

might have to do with how we get into our rides… i put a leg in sort of fall the rest of the way in some times. :stuck_out_tongue: