Flowmaster exhaust. Thoughts? Comments?

Cuz it sounds a bit too loud. The sheriff already stopped too! I want something that looks stock. But I already have the piping. And it has a high flow cat I believe so I think I might just replace the muffler. Get me? I don’t think I need a WHOLE new exhaust.

get at me Colin ASAP im interested if u want to sell ur rs-r exhaust thanx [QUOTE=Colin;2282897]Yup, RS*R is the way to go. I love mine. It sorta saddens me that I’m going to be replacing it with something larger, louder (hopefully not by much), and lighter.[/QUOTE]

http://www.meganracing.com/product_detail.asp?prodid=390&catid=21

This here says it all. What you guys think?

Mainly because there’s no reason for me to have such a nice piece on a beater. They aren’t rare but they aren’t getting more plentiful either and I’d rather see it in the hands of someone who will preserve it. It’s not in much peril, its been thru 2yrs of track days and it hasn’t seen any damage or wear because of it, but still, the chance is there. Plus I think I can build a lighter weight 2.5" system that isn’t too much louder. They are all small factors but I really can’t think of any reason to keep it other than the temptation to hoard parts, lol.

Sorry, I’m not ready to sell yet. I’ve got a lot on my plate at the moment so I won’t be tackling that project for some time. Don’t worry though, it’ll be posted on g2ic when I do decide to make the switch.

i bought that megan exhaust the can is way too big so won’t fit so perfectly and would sit really low on my db1

Mostdope-db1 I think ima just get the flowmaster exhaust.
It looks legit and from the comments it should should legit. I just don’t want my canister exhaust anymore.

I’m going to sell it.

It’s a "tsudo exhaust for a 1991 integra. Sounds deep. I just don’t like the canister.

I had one of these on my DA a few years ago for a short time. One important thing to consider is that this is NOT a complete cat back system. Its sometimes referred to as an Axle back exhaust. It connects to the OEM mid pipe behind the passenger side rear wheel. Yes it does come with a big chrome exhaust tip. I can’t remember precisely but it was about 4.5" (115mm) in diameter. It comes with 2 pipes, clamps muffler, tip, and the hangers are welded (need bent a bit for the perfect fit). The nice thing is this can be done in your driveway if you are comfortable and competent enough to jack up the rear end and remove the right rear wheel. I highly suggest purchasing new bolts and a gasket for the pipe connection as well as 2 rubber hangers. Its worth spending the extra ~$20 to do it right the first time. This can be done in well under an hour assuming all goes well.

My original muffler was hosed but the mid pipe was ok, it was a good replacement for stock. I wan’t exactly overjoyed with the sound but it was acceptable. I ran into some money and decided to upgrade the entire system at that point.

I believe its a good mild upgrade option at the right price if you want to just replace the rear of the exhaust. If you want more performance I would recommend something else that is a complete cat back with a larger diameter.

Another thought:
The kit comes with 2 clamps to hold the 2 pipes to the muffler. You can use those and call it a day, or have an exhaust shop weld it up. If you a shop close by you can remove your old pieces and drive to have them install and weld it up. It would take about 30 seconds to piece together on a lift and just a few minutes to weld. Clamps slightly restrict airflow, welding is the better way to go. Personally I put it all in place, marked the pipes with a sharpie marker and took them to a buddy to have them welded. When I got home it was a simple 2 bolts and 2 hangers to connect it in place.

Your right. I checked it out and it also says that welding the pieces together would be better.