Food challenges? Man vs food style

Has anyone ever done a food challenge before? I recently took down the #2 spicy ramen bowl at orochon in downtown LA. It was spicy but not as bad as it could have been. Got my picture taken and everything!

pics or it didnt happen lol jk

lol i’ve heard stories of my friend trying it and he felt like complete shit afterwards. Guess it depends on the person. I’ve heard it’s the soup that is a pain.

Yea there is just wayyy too much soup in that thing. They put much more in it compared to their regular bowls. It was torture towards the end because the chillis left at the bottom start tasting bitter. Guess your tongue starts playing tricks on you after you’ve burned it off lol. Did any of your friends eat the whole thing?

I’m gonna have to find the pic. My wife took it from them after they said they’d print another. Next is the giant burrito at el tepeyac. That one’s not really a food challenge though. Love the machaca one.

TOGO’s is having a #9 challenge… forget what they call the 2 foot long #9 but it has a pounds of pastrami LOL…

here it is

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20111229005468/en/Togo’s-Celebrates-National-Pastrami-Day-Pastrami-Pounder

I loves me a #9 but man that would be a rough day afterwards hahaha

http://meltbarandgrilled.com/melt-challenge/

Our monster grilled cheese featuring 13 different cheeses, 3 slices of grilled bread and a pile of hand-cut fries & slaw. Over 5 lbs. of food! Finish it all without any help or trips to the bathroom and you will be awarded a Melt t-shirt or Melt Pint Glass, a $10 gift card and we’ll immortalize you in our online Melt Challenge Hall of Fame

Going to do this one soon enough. I know I can kill it, but I’m worried about it killing me.

[QUOTE=gilcontr;2284957]Yea there is just wayyy too much soup in that thing. They put much more in it compared to their regular bowls. It was torture towards the end because the chillis left at the bottom start tasting bitter. Guess your tongue starts playing tricks on you after you’ve burned it off lol. Did any of your friends eat the whole thing?

I’m gonna have to find the pic. My wife took it from them after they said they’d print another. Next is the giant burrito at el tepeyac. That one’s not really a food challenge though. Love the machaca one.[/QUOTE]

yeah my friend was able to finish it. as an ex-marine that dude’s the biggest/toughest guy i know and he could barely handle it.

Nope, not a food challenge for notoriety type of guy but, five years ago while helping a buddy cut, transport, split, and stack a number of cords of firewood over a three day weekend, his wife woke us to some freshly picked blueberry buttermilk pancakes on the last day. No syrup, fresh churned butter and the cream off the top of the milk canister for dressing it up. Sorry, no bacon involved but, at 5’ 7" and 150 lbs I downed 24 of those 6-7" diameter beauts. My buddy knocked off close to 20 he thinks. His wife, well, thank you again for that. I can still taste those flavors when I recall that time.

I can barely eat a stack of 3.

Found the picture!

That’s usually my limit with a couple side included but, good lord, them things just kept going down easy. One of the most memorable meals I’ve had. Didn’t even clog up the system or prohibit the cursory beer fest later that afternoon.

[QUOTE=IdntGlwIglisten;2285313]http://meltbarandgrilled.com/melt-challenge/

Our monster grilled cheese featuring 13 different cheeses, 3 slices of grilled bread and a pile of hand-cut fries & slaw. Over 5 lbs. of food! Finish it all without any help or trips to the bathroom and you will be awarded a Melt t-shirt or Melt Pint Glass, a $10 gift card and we’ll immortalize you in our online Melt Challenge Hall of Fame

Going to do this one soon enough. I know I can kill it, but I’m worried about it killing me.[/QUOTE]

I watched 2 of my co workers pass the challenge. I did it as well but never had a chance. To much cheese.

I’ve never lost a hot food challenge. Past few years having acid reflux has put a strain on the willingness to do them as much as I used to. We have a local bar where you have to eat one wing and be able to sit for 5 minutes with nothing to eat or drink. I ordered 6 of them. The next 48 hours were the worst hours of my life.