front strut bars

well, i ordered a front-strut bar from summit racing. wouldn’t fit, the cruise control module (i think) was obstructing it and wouldn’t let it sit down. so, i sent it back. i am thinking of designing my own and taking it to a machine shop. would somthing that goes from tower to tower but ties/bolts onto the firewall be a good idea. think shape of v. it would definitely clear the intake manifold and all fuel lines. what do you think or were you able to get a mail-order bar to fit?? let me know… also, are there any rear tie bars they won’t interfer with the cargo area (i.e. underneath the car??)

i work at a ford recycler (i know, don’t make fun!) and the mustang strut bars are how you describe. it’s basically a triangle from the strut towers to a point on the firewall. seems like a good idea to me, but what do i know? :confused:

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Originally posted by jonsteR
Sounds like a good idea to me.

yes! :thumbsup: beats the standard strut to strut tower bracing anyday.

but i noticed the pic you posted, jon, that guy didn’t bolt up the firewall brackets. :confused: any idea why?

SWEET!!!

Originally posted by cspeed
but i noticed the pic you posted, jon, that guy didn’t bolt up the firewall brackets. :confused: any idea why?

I think they were test fitting the bar in that pic.

what strut bar is that? i can’t make out the name in the pic.

Okuyama/Carbing tower bar. One of those names hehehe.

guessing JDM?

yes