Front tranny mount inserts?

well when pulling my transmission i noticed that the front mount for the tranny was pretty well done, and the top tranny mount was ripped, do they sell polyurathane inserts for the front one or? links to products would be great thanks!

you buy them in a set of the front and rear, but if the mount is ripped is should be replaces aswell

its just the rubber that is ripped, the metal looks very good still

the rubber is what supports the motor, lowers vibrations and is what usualy deteriorates(sp) over time.

Ive never seen the metal portions rip or deform unless the car was involved in some kind of accident that was large enuff to actually put enuff stress on it to make it do so(if that make sense)

innovative makes the complete replacement front mount along with the others. i think its right around $100 for the front mount alone

the trans mount, rear mount, and driver side mount all in a kit is 260 shipped though and they say the front isnt required if the rest are replaced with that kit all though they do make the front as well

I filled my mounts with window weld. It’s around $20 a tube, and very comparable to the inserts when they cure. Just thought I’d throw that out there

agreed mrpenny i didnt have the time to wait on the innovative parts so thats how i did my driver side mount and its pretty stiff i got mine for $17 a tube at o’rielly’s and it did the rear and driverside both in one tube

thanks for bringing that up i almost forgot i did that haha

Haha we posted 45seconds apart. As far as Innovative goes though, I’m not a big fan. They don’t stock their mounts, and this made to order mentality is going to lose them a lot of business. Who in their right mind is going to wait 2+months for mounts, when XYZ company has them in stock ready to go at the time of purchase. But back to the topic, those window welded mounts are great alternative to the poly inserts if you’re feeling cheap :slight_smile:

yep thats why i steered away from Innovative, they couldnt tell me how long it would even be. BUT as far as auto to manual they are the only i have found that make a straight bolt up mount for that. i wish hasport would

Here is another option - do it yourself
http://importnut.net/motormount.htm

I ordered my innovative mounts from innovative last week and have them sitting in a box in my garage already…:cool:

[QUOTE=demons;2092797]Here is another option - do it yourself
http://importnut.net/motormount.htm[/QUOTE]
Do you not read? Look three posts up

Seriously, you’re one of the few that I’ve heard of that. A good friend: Bobloblaw on here, was waiting for almost 2months (after they supposedly were getting powdered), and finally just said screw it and canceled his order. Also Integranewbie in this thread, and I remember Stevo-DA had the same exact problem as well. You probably got a set someone canceled on and they just had to finish up the production anyways. I know how companies like this run. It’s cheaper for them to make something to order, than to have it on their shelf collecting dust ready to go. That is not the way things are supposed to be

i ordered the energy suspension poly inserts, 29.99 from keystone (threw part source)

Yea i would’ve been pissed if my mounts weren’t here yet. About as pissed off as i am that my Si steering rack hasn’t shown up yet. 2 weeks later, i’m waiting, and UPS is usually pretty fast.

i bought innovative mounts and they showed up three days later. ive never heard of them being made to order, thats interesting.

i also have innovative mounts and i got them within a week or two (Canada) which is very good. i didn’t buy them from innovative directly though.

Taken from Evasive Motorsports website (the disclaimer is on other retailer’s sites as well):

ATTENTION: Some Innovative Mounts are made upon order.

:werd:

I have energy inserts. The front mount is actually the only one that fits well. Maybe email them directly adn tell them you just want the front. If its ripped i would just fill it. I dont remember what brand makes it but its a hard liquid you put in there and makes them as hard a rock. (well almost) and no its not windo weld!

i guess i must have just gotten lucky then. wow all these complaints im hearing about innovative after i start to get rid of mine. i never had a problem with the two sets ive used from them. thats crazy. well at least i have a set for the 90-91s that i know work well and hopefully some1 buys them. no waiting haha:angel: