FS- OH- Integra Type R -$2700- too good to be true?

Well, yesterday my mom had the grand idea of buying me an Integra Type R (I never asked for one, I don’t intend on parting with my 91 RS teg, and I just can’t justify spending the $10,000 to $15,000 needed to buy one- that’s money best spent elsewhere… but that’s besides the point)
Well, she found a type R on sale on some site for $2700…
http://www.supershopper.org/classified/DisplayAd.asp?id=101225

This is what the seller sent:

Hello,
The Integra is still available and it is in perfect condition, no need for any repairs, no scratches, dings, special marks whatsoever. It has a clear title ready to be signed and notarized on your name. I have the pictures hosted on the net and you can see them at :
http://s634.photobucket.com/albums/uu64/integrapics002/ .
My final price is $2,650 including shipping costs. There are no other costs regarding this transaction…
The transaction will be closed only through a 3rd party and this way we will both be protected. My time is limited due to my job in the army so I decided to use a service from eBay Motors… To begin the transaction I just need your consent and a clear decision if you want to buy this or not and then I will be able to get this started. After that you will receive a self explanatory invoice from eBay Motors that will tell you all the details you need to know about our transaction and also will give you the choice to proceed or not with the deal so basically you can decide then if you want to buy or not my car by simply answering to them… The car will be shipped insured to your location with DAS and you will have 5 days for inspection.
I will be leaving the country with my work for a very long time and I simply don’t want to leave the car to rust for nothing. I’m not looking to get rich selling it as I, myself got it for a nice price due to some favorable circumstances. Right now I just want to find a serious buyer for it that will drive it and care for it at least half the way I did. Please get back to me if you are serious about this and we will make this happen. Also feel free to ask me any questions you may have about this.
Regards,
Martin Dantzler

A type R engine alone costs around 4100 CAD.
For $2700, I’m expecting either a rust bucket with the B18C5 pulled out, or a bucket full of bullshit…

What do you think?

Sounds like a scam to me. I’ve gotten similar emails before when looking at cars with prices that were too good to be true.

its fake, promise.

Clearly a scam.

Well, go figure!
but I’m curious as to how this scam is supposed to work… (mystery novel buff here!)
(ie. 419 scams use the mark’s impoverished sense of self fulfillment, sympathy and greed, by requiring a person to send in money to pay for “administrative fees” to obtain money that obviously doesn’t exist…)
Is this going to work in the same way?

He’s going to take your money and then “ship you a car” that will never, ever arrive. That’s how it works.