Gen2 w/ B18c Swap - Questions

The A/C and Power Steering units are smashed on the B18C1 from the GSR. I can do without AC but I dont suppose the PS pump would swap over from the B18A1 from the Gen2?

Originally posted by Muckman
The A/C and Power Steering units are smashed on the B18C1 from the GSR. I can do without AC but I dont suppose the PS pump would swap over from the B18A1 from the Gen2?
Just use your A/C compressor and bracket, it bolts up perfectly to the B18C1 block. Also use your P/S pump along with the B18A crank pulley. You’ll need to source a B16A/B17A upper P/S pump bracket since neither the B18C or the B18A will work.

I have to replace the Crank Pulley on the B18C1 block bc its chiped. I was thinking of buying an entire Unorthodox Street Pulley Set (Crank and Accessories). But obviously Id have to get the kit for the B18C1 (GSR). But I dont want to get it and have the the PS pulley not work.

I plan on using the P/S Pump from the Gen2. Can I use a B18C1 PS Pulley on the Gen2 P/S pump? Will it fit?

Ongoing swap questions :slight_smile:

Since this B18C1 is out of a wrecked GSR alot of the components were either smashed and/or thrown away. Basically its a bare block with only the immediet hoses/wires and components that were on the block. Everything else is GONE. This is a HUGE question but Im hoping I can use almost everything in the Gen2. Since both are B18’s will most of the hoses swap over?

Since both are B18’s will most of the hoses swap over?
As I remember everything crossed over. I think I had to add a hose and loop it from the water tube to the intake manifold, but they may be because I used the B18A t-stat housing and was left with an extra coolant nipple. Just compare the two hose setups and they should be very similar. Also, on your underdrive pulley question, just pick up the kit for the 90-93 Integra, it’ll have the correct pullies.

Ongoing questions:

What am I going to do with the exhaust?
How does the B18C1 hook up with the 91 Gen2 Exhaust system?

I dont have the exhaust manifold from the B18C1 so that opens up my possibilities. Im open to replacing the entire system Block back, if thats what I need.

Need suggestions!

[B]Ongoing questions:

What am I going to do with the exhaust?
How does the B18C1 hook up with the 91 Gen2 Exhaust system? [/B]
You can use any header made for the 90-91 Integra and it’ll bolt up w/ no modification. Anything other than that will require some cutting and welding to get everything to meet.