Glovebox deteriorating

The outer surface of the glovebox appears to be wiping off onto the towel that I use to clean the car. I am using 303 brand protectant. I don’t think I have ever seen this before. I’ve been using it for the past few months. Any ideas on how to fix this, or is this just age degradation?

That’s really odd, I’ve never seen that before. Are you using the standard 303 protectant? (I love that stuff) I normally use NextZett to clean and then 303 if I want to add protection or shine.

Yeah the normal leather/vinyl stuff. I think I may have used something else before that has degraded this surface over time. I’ll have to look into sourcing one at the junk yard because even when it is clean now, it looks considerably more dull.

Thats a real bummer. So this is only happening to the glove box cover and not the whole dash? I hope that’s the case - cause replacing the dash isn’t all that fun but the glove box is simple.

I think that armor all or other interior conditioners are breaking down the rubber coating that is applied to the outer surface of the glovebox. The dash is covered in a different plastic material. I’ve gone through about 8 glovebox door covers recently. Gotta love how the plastic tabs shatter when you try to back out the screws.