going to be removing rear wiper soon as well as antenna, but have a question

[QUOTE=kyle10182;1699222]post a picture.

did u just want to post something just to say “Wow, just wow?” Because that really doesn’t go well with the rest of this thread.[/QUOTE]

First, let me say that I don’t have a camera. Secondly, and if you must know, I put “Wow, just wow” because I was excited that I easily found the same part that everyone was discussing. In other words, finding the plug was quite simple.

However, I did ask a really important question about the correct geometry of the antenna hole. So let me ask again:

“However, I looked at the antenna hole, and it isn’t perfectly round. I mean, it has a slight elongation. Is the hole supposed to be slightly elongated?”

I hope this helps!

[QUOTE=integrawow;1699229]First, let me say that I don’t have a camera. Secondly, and if you must know, I put “Wow, just wow” because I was excited that I easily found the same part that everyone was discussing. In other words, finding the plug was quite simple.

However, I did ask a really important question about the correct geometry of the antenna hole. So let me ask again:

“However, I looked at the antenna hole, and it isn’t perfectly round. I mean, it has a slight elongation. Is the hole supposed to be slightly elongated?”

I hope this helps![/QUOTE]

i didn’t want you to post a picture.

yes your antenna hole is just like everyone else’s.

Thanks man! I feel better now.

:up:

hey kyle, here is what is left of my antenna etc.

after the special nut removal, i dont have a pic of the nut (the part that actually did come off)

^^^^
sorry about the blurriness, my camera had a bad attitude about wanting to focus.

the inside view, where it goes through the body.

i had an idea. what if i cut off as much of the antenna itself as i can with a saw, and pushed the rest of it down back into the motor (to be out of the way) and i just drilled out the rest of “special nut” that is threaded down into the spacer? would that work, because that is just about the only idea i have right now as to how to get it out. would it work?

[QUOTE=imcnblu;1699459]
i had an idea. what if i cut off as much of the antenna itself as i can with a saw, and pushed the rest of it down back into the motor (to be out of the way) and i just drilled out the rest of “special nut” that is threaded down into the spacer? would that work, because that is just about the only idea i have right now as to how to get it out. would it work?[/QUOTE]

:bump: for the above question.

why dont you just cut the mast off and unbolt the antenna unit and pull it out the you can just tap the bushing from the bottom. its most likly just stuck to the paint after all the years:think:

the bushing isn’t stuck to the paint at all. it can wiggle from side to side quite a bit. i think i’m going to give this drill a shot. i dont intend to re-use or sell any of the antenna in the future, so i dont mind messing it up. i just dont want to mess up the paint on my car.

Jake,

Here is what I used to get rid of my rear wiper:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-01-acura-integra-wiper-hole-plug-gsr-jdm_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42611QQihZ013QQitemZ230145993748QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I think it’s better than using an OEM plug, and it’s around $20 shipped.

[QUOTE=kNOwLedGe420;1700224]Jake,

Here is what I used to get rid of my rear wiper:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-01-acura-integra-wiper-hole-plug-gsr-jdm_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42611QQihZ013QQitemZ230145993748QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I think it’s better than using an OEM plug, and it’s around $20 shipped.[/QUOTE]

+1, and its hard plastic that is most likely not to be stolen by some asshole just walking down the street:rockon:

I hope you found a solution, I would go with the drill, especially if your not gonna use the damn thing again anyway…

I think the picture on the left of all the bars is hillarious

72_1.jpg

looks like u broke the special bolt. cut that shit out with a grinder.

edit: carefully.

dont have a grinder handy, but i’m gonna drill it out OG style lol. i’ll probably use the plug that you mentioned for the rear wiper removal kyle (knowledge, lol, i got both kyle’s that i know replyin in my thread :giggle: ) as it looks cleaner and appears to be a little sturdier. but yeah, i’ll be drilling VERY CAREFULLY so as not to slip up and damage the paint.

thanks all. and lol, that pic with all the bars looks hilarious, its like a jungle gym in there :giggle:

I removed mine antenna and mounted it under the car via the grommet directly beneath the antenna motor. Took out the electric antenna and bought a rubber replacement antenna.

I will add the pics…

i was able to drill away about 70% of what i needed to drill, until my battery started to die. (i hadn’t charged it for months) started raining so i had to stop for today. i’ll try to finish it up tomorrow afternoon. i’ve gotten the bulk of the “spacer” drilled away, but for some damn reason it is still hanging on for dear life. i’ll have it all drilled away, come hell or high water tomorrow lol.

for the record, as of yesterday, the sumbitch is out and the plug is in. :wink:

:clap:

just removed my rear antenna tonight. took waaaaaay longer than i thought.
i ended up drilling through “special nut” and chiseling it in half to get it off.
I also couldnt find the white plug thing at lowes, so i had to get a black one. looks so much better than it did

anyone used the accord DX antenna delete plug? I ordered one from honda and now looking at it, it looks like it wont hold in the hole. how did you install it?

its simple rob, did u get both pieces or just one? u need the bottom piece.

are you fuckin kidding me? The high school grad at the counter didn’t fill me in on crap and let me blindly order this without the bottom assuring me this was all i need. i think i’ll try the junkyard again before going to the dealer.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=1990&catcgry3=2DR+DX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=RADIO+ANTENNA-SPEAKER

numbers 27, 28, and 29. 29 is just a gasket though.