going to be removing rear wiper soon as well as antenna, but have a question

okay, exactly as the title states. i’m thinking of doing both in the near future (removing rear wiper as well as antenna (antenna doesn’t work, and i have far too many cd’s to choose from to listen to the radio) but like i said, i have a couple questions. i have searched on the part of removing the rear wiper, but only found the same stuff about using the plug from the dealer (the plug made for 92-95 civic hatchbacks) i was recently “re-inspired” to do this by reading this article on team-integra:

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=15&TopicID=162818&PagePosition=1

if you read it to the end of the thread, you’ll see a post by me asking pretty much this same question on that site (not up there yet, posting here first, give it like 5 minutes lol)

well anyway, my question is regarding the plug sizes. will those exact same plug sizes match our cars as well (read the article for the sizes he used)

i want to know if the self tapping plugs he used will work on our cars as well, as far as hole diameter etc. my antenna hasn’t worked for several years, i dont listen to the radio anyway, and its stuck about 1/4 of the way UP and won’t go down, so i want to get rid of it) now i’m not sure what he did to make sure that they are leak proof for rain/car washes etc, but i have some DIY weatherproof gasket left over from my DIY tail-light gasket replacement i did last year, and will be using that to the best of my ability. might use some silicone underneath it on the inside of the car where you cant see it for added insurance against leaks/rust etc.

thanks for looking, and thanks for the help.

EDIT:
also, what size plugs should i get to remove the spoiler as well. most of these “plugs” will be temporary until the car is painted, and then they will be properly shaved (spoiler/antenna) but for temporary good looks, i think its a great way to spend $5. especially since i’ll be painting the plugs in a color VERY close to the color of my car, so it won’t be TOO noticable from a distance.

Shit!

I’ve got a huge hole just chillin where my antenna was, I didn’t want to buy the accord cap because it looks retarded.

I may try this out today.

I guess i’ll go pick up a 7/8" one and see if it fits my antenna hole. Good find dude!

Bit the bullet and spent the 46 cents to get it :stuck_out_tongue:

Fits perfect, heres some really bad pics

Can’t see it at all in these pictures:

It actually fits really snug so its not going to come out. Theres a little flange on it that’ll keep it on too. The size is 7/8" just like on DCs. It’s under the nuts and bolts section at Home Depot, for me it was near the bottom of the pull out racks. Not to hard to find at all.

Good find imcnblu, I was looking for something else to plug this thing up with. Just started raining here too so good looking out :stuck_out_tongue:

The plugs come in white, so if your car is a different color other than white, you may want to change the color.

As for sharpie’ing it like the first guy did, I wouldn’t recommend that, i’d think the sharpie would come off in the rain. As you can see in the pics, their a bit see through, you can’t see the hole but the plug is kind of like a dome, so the edges get thinner and become see through. When I have the time (and its not raining) I’ll probably spray paint mine white so it matches more.

You may want to spray paint yours black or OEM blue to match your car (maybe get one of those duplicolor OEM spray cans).

As for rain getting in, its snug enough so nothing has come in yet. If you’re REALLY concerned i’d just wrap the plug in some electrical tape or something and you’d be fine.

Anyway, there you go, it definately fits with no problems. Keep in mind this is just for the antenna, I don’t plan on doing a wiper delete, I use mine to much, but they had the plugs the teamintegra guy used for that too.

As for removing your spoiler, they have a bunch of really really small plugs too, so theres BOUND to be something that’ll fit your car. Their like 36 cents + tax with brings it up to 46. I’d just measure them out and see how big they are, then compare it to the size of the plugs, hell you could probably just fucking steal them if you really wanted too.:ethug:

yeah, i bought a few different sizes. i got mine at lowes. the one i bought is a nylon black one. the downer is i dont have anything to color it the shade of my car, i haven’t been able to find any duplicolor paint in Captiva Blue Pearl. the only thing close is Electron Blue Pearl, but that is NOTICABLY darker than mine. any tips on removing the antenna? i’ve never had it out before. btw, glad i could help you out man. i’m glad that my questions helped someone else out as well. the more it helps, the merrier :slight_smile: the bolts for the spoiler are 10mm so any suggestions on how big the bolt holes are? i could always pop the hatch, remove a bolt and measure the hole lol.

but yeah, any tips on getting the antenna out? i’m sure i can figure it out myself, i would just like to know any “problems” i might run into ahead of time. i think i’m going to go do this now.

I am getting ready to do this too, luckily my car is black :stuck_out_tongue: so I’ll pick up the one from Lowe’s…what section is it in?

it was in “hardware” find the section with a bunch of drawers with something labelled “fasteners and plugs” or something like that. look in the drawer that says “nylon hole plugs”

:bump:

i’m having trouble getting the fucking antenna out. i went to do this today and cannot get it out. i’ve removed both of the retaining bolts from the inside that hold it in place, but the black “grommet” or whatever you want to call it, on the outside as well as whatever the hell is securing it from the inside just will not budge. any help in removing that piece will be greatly appreciated. i removed silver ring around the outside of the mast of the antenna. but i can not get it to come the f out. Morasso, i know you recently did this. how the hell can i get it out? its a factory power antenna. not aftermarket or anything. OEM issue.

lol, when I can’t get stuff out, I usually get out my hammer and bang on it!!

lol angela. no hammers for this project. dont want to put a dent in the body lol.

i’m having trouble getting the fucking antenna out. i went to do this today and cannot get it out. i’ve removed both of the retaining bolts from the inside that hold it in place, but the black “grommet” or whatever you want to call it, on the outside as well as whatever the hell is securing it from the inside just will not budge. any help in removing that piece will be greatly appreciated. i removed silver ring around the outside of the mast of the antenna. but i can not get it to come the f out. Morasso, i know you recently did this. how the hell can i get it out? its a factory power antenna. not aftermarket or anything. OEM issue.[/QUOTE]

:bump:
still no luck :frowning: and i’d like to do try to get this done today.

:bump: to the third power

anyone?

its kinda tricky. i believe they make a tool for this, but u can use a screwdriver.

look at the chrome piece on top the antenna. there should be two notches. hit a flathead inside the notch to spin that chrome piece off the top. be careful not to hit your paint.

thats the instructions with the special tool.

yeah, i’ve got the special ring out, but i’m having trouble getting the spacer to come out at all. it seems like its attached from the inside or something, and i can’t find a way to get it out. how can i get the spacer out? i also have no way to pull the mast up at all (manually or not)

i’ve never heard of that problem. pry with a flathead screwdriver.

I just shaved my antenna with good ol fiberglass.:slight_smile:

idk if your set on buyin that kit to cover up the rear wiper hole, but if you dont wanna spend the money, there’s a lil black plug on your firewall, i popped that out and it fits perfectly in the hole from the rear wiper. jus put a lil silicone around it to make sure the water stays out. it looks a lot nicer imo cuz it doesnt stick way out off the glass.

:bump: how bout some help? i would love to get this done today. i have today off, and would love to get this done. as it sits right now, it looks like shit. the metal ring is off of the top, and the black spacer is all tore up now because i’ve been doing everything on earth to get it off, but it wont fucking budge. i think the “special nut” on top broke when i pulled it off, because literally JUST the ring on top came off. and from what i’m told, its supposed to be threaded onto something. how the fuck can i get it off, i’m getting impatient and fed up with it. i can’t put the ring back on, and i can’t get the rubber gasket or gromment that goes between the spacer and the body of the car is fucked up. HOW can i GET IT OUT?

Wow, just wow, I bought the plug from Home Depot, and it is the same 7/8" plug everyone is buying. However, I looked at the antenna hole, and it isn’t perfectly round. I mean, it has a slight elongation. Is the hole supposed to be slightly elongated?

post a picture.

did u just want to post something just to say “Wow, just wow?” Because that really doesn’t go well with the rest of this thread.