Good day at the junk yard

Today I found 4 sets of 92/93 bumper plugs, 3 factory battery tiedowns, RS blank rocker switch and a wiper delete plug. Saw a 90/91 factory leather wrapped steering wheel, but did not buy it because I already have 2 and it needed to be recovered. If anyone is interested in the steering wheel let me know and I will go get it for you.

4 sets of 92-93 bumper plugs?! Holy shit! I’m always scouring junkyards and I’ve never seen a single pair there.

Right on! Those bumper plugs seem to easily sell for $40-60 a set :smiley:

Mike, I’m pretty sure the reason we never see them here is that these were extremely rare in CA. Here we’re required to have a front license plate so most of the plugs were removed 20yrs ago, most of the time at the dealer. In other states where there is no front license plate requirement, like Florida, they are going to be a lot easier to find.

I believe you’re right Colin. Although they seem to be fairly rare everywhere based on the price they go for. I’d be happy just finding a good condition 92-93 bumper cover at picknpull. They’re always gone/ruined/cut.

[QUOTE=Colin;2324639]Right on! Those bumper plugs seem to easily sell for $40-60 a set :smiley:

Mike, I’m pretty sure the reason we never see them here is that these were extremely rare in CA. Here we’re required to have a front license plate so most of the plugs were removed 20yrs ago, most of the time at the dealer. In other states where there is no front license plate requirement, like Florida, they are going to be a lot easier to find.[/QUOTE]

that makes sense, because i too never seen those dang plugs on any car at the junk yard lol.

Damn. Awesome finds! I need to check the local one here. Haven’t been in a few months. Tough when it’s cold.

Outside of FL the best place to check is around the spare tire. When my car was new it came with the front license plate bracket,hardware and bumper plugs in a bag in the spare tire.

Neil, now that I am retired I have time to walk the local salvage yards. Always on the lookout for good 2nd generation Integra and CRX parts. When I die you will have to help my wife value my parts so she doesn’t throw them away!

I need to go on a scavenger hunt for rear speaker delete pods and dash plugs where the current switches are for cruise and others.