Got a problem with my Viper Alarm

Wondering if anyone has any idea’s on a problem I’m having with my alarm.
My LED for my alarm stays on constant…
when I arm my alarm the parking lights flash like normal but the siren dosen’t chirp. Same thing when I disarm it.
Locks work fine aswell.
when I push the panic button on the remote the siren sounds like normal.
Another thing that dosen’t work…is I can’t seem to set the alarm off thru vibration’s or by opening the trunk which normall sets the siren off.

It’s a Viper ESP something or other w/auto start. Never had a problem with it until today.

Thanx in advance for any help.

Sounds like your in valet mode. Check your user guide and it should tell you how to get out of it. Usually for viper alarms, turning the key to on then back off and hold down the valet switch for about 1 sec and the light will go off. Everything should be cherry fr0m there…

your in valet mode. to get out of it:

• first located the valet switch, should be near the kickpanel in that location. usually a silver switch or a push button type switch
  • after locating it, put the key in and switch it to the second position. what i mean by this is put the key in the ignition and turn the key to the point right be fore you start the car.
  • next flip the valet switch, the constant red light should turn off.
    thats it.

that’s close but not quite if it’s an ESP system… you will need to guess the number of ‘flicks’ of the switch from 1-5 in order to disable the valet mode… It’s easier to do it with the remote though – that’s how it happened to begin with right?? If you are local in the GTA, come see me – I have a BitWriter that makes this shyte dead easy.

Most of DEI’s alarms are factory preset to ‘1’ button press (or whatever the switch is hooked up to – you can always use the brake pedal switch instead… Anyway, try grabbing your remote and doing the following:

open the door

press 1-2-1 on the remote

is the led out now??

better?? never mind reaching around for that stupid switch… yank that thing out and usae the remote… much safer.

HTH

Andrew.

Neex…the remote thing worked thanx :slight_smile:
I think I figured out what I did…I stopped at a 7-11 with a friend and had gotten out and armed my alarm too soon. My friend still had there door open. So I disarmed it quick as they were just closeing there door…then armed it again just after the door closed.
I know now to wait a little bit longer to disarm and arm lol

glad it helped…

too many people have blamed DEI for scrappy alarm when their cars have been ripped off out of their garage supposedly ‘armed’ (aka ‘in valvet mode’).

You need to stop drinking soooo much coffee… slow down… or hit 3 first to silence the chirps and then you’ll never force it into valet.

Andrew.

haha don’t drink coffee :stuck_out_tongue:

and nah I noticed it right away and knew something was up. Figured I’d probably done something to it once I got home and the panic siren still went off but I couldn’t trip it by slamming the trunk (usually goes off when I open it too).

Hearing the chip is how I make sure I’ve armed it and it’s workin still :slight_smile:
first time I’ve done this in the 2 yrs owning it…so don’t think I’ll be changeing my ways anytime soon.

I did it again :stuck_out_tongue:
ARCHIVETHIS

It happens to the best of us. If you think that’s bad, when I first got the alarm, I left it disarmed with the doors unlocked on my street by an accident. Ooooooops…

I agree with the ‘chirp’ confirmation – I prefer to hear the confirmation unless it’s 4am and I feel like being kind to the community and silencing the chirps.

I think you can turn off remote valet on ESP systems (if this ends up really bothering you I think a BitWriter will force the valet switch – not positive but I think I’ve seen the option on the screen before).

Don’t sweat it.

Wait till you yank the valet switch wire and then go to disarm your alarm with a dead remote… hrmmmmm…
:slight_smile:

Andrew.

aka neex.

disarming my car with a dead remote would be a worse case scenario for me lol.
I have no key locks on my doors :danger:
My only way in is thru the trunk…and trust me…a dead battery has given me the knowledge that climbing thru the trunk is the biggest pain in the ass in the world.
Also the being quite and silently arming my alarm would kinda be a waste of time lol.
I set off my friends g/f’s car alarm (just the warning chirp) everytime I come home. It chirps first when I come up the driveway…and again as I go past it.

maybe if you get a silencer in dat mofo you wouldnt do that foo

Originally posted by NTegRacer91
maybe if you get a silencer in dat mofo you wouldnt do that foo

Even with the silencer it still happens :stuck_out_tongue:
I just can’t set it off when I’m sitting in my parking spot anymore with the silencer lol