got fucked, r cams

i bought a set of what I thought was brand new itr cams. they came factory sealed in the honda box and sealed plastic wrap. the part # on the box are 14121 p73 j00 and 1411 p73 j01 which are the itr part #'s if im correct. i open the box cut the plastic and to my surprise i see a cam with no rings at all looks like a stock b16 cam. did the factory mess up, did the seller rip me off or is the actual part # i listed for a b16 cam. help!

ITR CAMS

14121-P73-000
14111-P73-000

it said j00 on it? Damn!! Thats horrible.

I found out where this guy lives hes in New Jersey. Ill be paying him a visit at the begining of next month. I let you know how it goes. I will post this guys ebay name and email adress later so no one else gets ripped by him.

Don’t forget to dispute it through Ebay too.

I have a cam question hopefully no one minds that I ask it. Vernon, do you know by any chance how to tell the difference between lets say 93 integra cams and gears and 95 cams and gears. (Non-vtec ls). I have some and I dont know what I have.

Originally posted by redgsr
i bought a set of what I thought was brand new itr cams. they came factory sealed in the honda box and sealed plastic wrap. the part # on the box are 14121 p73 j00 and 1411 p73 j01 which are the itr part #'s if im correct.

the part numbers you listed are correct for the itr cams.

Originally posted by cspeed
the part numbers you listed are correct for the itr cams.

:bow: I should have made myself clearer through my post. yes the numbers you have are correct. the J00 is a supresseding (sp?) number. so the 14121-P73-000 and 14111-P73-000 are the same number as 14121 P73 J00 and 14111 P73 J01. My fault for not explaining myself.

This should help you out.

UPDATE, I talked to the guy I bought the cams from and he said since they are mass producing these cams now at different factories some have rings some dont. I used a mike. to measure the cams and compare them to a set of ctr cams I have and they are fairly close to them. I also talked to about 8 other guys that got the cams from him and they said they are legit. I told the seller I still think its a little shady so he said he would send me a refund or a new set with rings. So it looks like I got it resolved fairly easy.