Green Tinted/Blue Tinted Windshield

So, during this winter I am needing a new windshield. I just so happened to be looking on Rockauto.com for some things and looked at the windshields as well. I see they have a few different options Blue Tint/Blue Shade (Which is what I believe I have now), Green Tint/Blue Shade, Green Tint, and Bronze Tint/Blue Shade. I see how they would match the colors of the vehicle but is it really that noticeable when say doing a green tinted windshield on that 1990 baby blue/sky blue body? Would there also be any UV difference between the blue and the green tint? Lastly, do all windows do the same tinting differences or is it just the front? I know I’ve seen pictures of the green tint before but I can’t seem to find it again.

The OEM windshield already has a bit of a tint to it, IIRC it’s blue. Whether you go green or blue the tint is pretty minor and isn’t going to drastically change the look of the car unless you’re super picky. As far as the tint strip at the top, personally I hate those things but in my research it’s getting harder and harder to find replacements that don’t have them.

Cool, I thought I’ve seen like a 92-93 in that GSR green color and the window looked like it had the green tint to match. I thought it looks pretty good, just can’t seem to find the picture with that angle at the moment. I was hoping the green tint might have extra UV properties. I was going to talk with my installer and see what he could find from his sources. Probably just end up going with the blue I currently have. And honestly, I drive with my visor down most of the time so I don’t even notice that strip anymore. Thanks for the info.

Wait, is the entire windshield tinted or just the area near the top?

^^^^^ I believe so. That’s my impression too

The whole front window has a tint/hue to it when looking at the right angle. The shade for the top is labeled “blue” but it’s darker I believe. I thought mine was almost a purple then went to black, I’ll have to look again. **Edited… Just looked, the shade is blue but almost has a purple to it, no black except for the borders.

Are you sure your windshield is OEM? My understanding was that there was NO sunshade on the oem windshield. Check the lower driver side corner, there should be info regarding the brand printed there.

Yes, it is aftermarket, “PPG”. I was unaware they came like that.

Just a question, anyone tried using clear tints? Hows the UV protections of this type of films? Any info about V cool brand?

I know nothing of tint besides hear say. I’ve always liked and wanted some kind of the darker tint for the windows, I feel like people can look down in my car. I’ve heard the products at the auto parts stores aren’t very good/reliable. Gotta go through an actual supplier/installer for a decent product. Then you have the limitations/laws of darkness in your state (if any). But as for clear I’m not sure. Just a side note, I’ve heard ceramic blades work best for cutting.

I just tried looking them up. Looks like it would work. Not sure how you’d go about getting it though. I get routed to other tint manufactures unless you can come across a residential/commercial version. It looks as though like BMW, etc. have it actually embedded into the glass when they make the windows. The only other thing I’m having an issue with is trying to find a super transparent film. I want to see the product first hand, a lot of after market images or color options show some sort of color or tint to them even though it says clear.