Ground Control questions

Hey all. Winter is over, and it’s time to get a suspension setup for my 3rd DA… I have Tokico Blues, which are in good shape and are an alright shock. I will eventually upgrade to some Koni Yellows. I have a few questions, though. I am looking at getting the Ground Control limited edition coilover sleeves online for like 280$. It offers a drop of .5" to 3.5". It will work with my Blues… The other Ground Control coilover sleeves are 325$, and offer a drop of 1 to 4 inches. They only work with Koni shocks, though… I was wondering, will 3.5" be tucking, or will there still be some wheel gap? I looked online and found a GC coilover sleeve + Koni Yellow package deal for like 820$. I have an Rsx that I would rather spend that kinda money on, and I was wondering what you guys think about just getting the limited edition GC’s and running my Tokicos? What does a 3.5" drop look like on a g2? Pics would be very helpful! Thanks

You’re trying to drop to 3.5 on Blues? That won’t last you very long… I’ve been shopping around for a suspension setup. And I’ve been told, time and time again, do it right the first time. I opted to Skunk2 Pro-S Full Coilovers. Got it for 550$ shipped to Canada. Other options were, the koni + gc, illuminas, or in the KYB the AGX series.

Are Tokico Illumana any good? The limited edition kit works with Illuminas but not Koni’s… So if I get it, I just wanna be sure that a 3.5" drop will look how I want it to look… I really hope someone on here has some pics

Trying searching.

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143684&highlight=slammed

^ OUCH!! rejected!!

I did search, and 99% of the people just said they were slammed, not how many inches they were lowered

im lowered 3" on koni yellows.

My buddy is lowered almost 3" on tokico illuminas.

What questions you got?

And might as well save money to get GC/Koni, because the coilovers are specific to koni shocks.

I am understanding that the GC limited edition works with tokico non adjustables (Blues) and that the other GC sleeves only work with Koni’s

Yes it may work…but for how long? They are stock replacements so try slamming your ride with stock shocks.:gunright:

Yes.

Limited edition or not, GC’s made specific sleeves for Koni shocks. You’d be surprised to see how tiny the ring that supports the sleeve is.

Like i said,

My buddy has regular gc’s with ots spring rates on tokico illuminas and its good for daily driving. Hes currently at about a 2.5 - 2.75 inch drop on his DA and is loving it.

I’m on GC/Koni with custom spring rates and I love them. I’m dropped almost
3" and loving it.

So basically I should wait to throw the ground controls on until I wanna fork out the $ for Koni Yellows or Illuminas? Is 800 bucks for Koni Yellows and GC sleeves a good deal? That is what I saw them at in a package deal on a website

Not a bad deal.

I got mine for 750 shipped. Thats koni yellows and gc’s with custom spring rates.

Are gc far and away the best coilover sleeves for the g2? I was considering skunk2’s but was told that they ride rough as hell… I daily drive the da so I want something comfortable

Well if you’re patient. I’m getting mine in about a week. I could review them for you since I’ll also be in a G2 and I also daily drive it.

The Skun2 Pro-S that is.

skunk2 suckballs… if you want a bumpy ass ride get skunk2…koni and gc for a smooth ride.

I’ll be the verdict on that one :smiley:

I have the GC “limited edition” (not so limited since I bought mine in 2001) and I drove them every day for about 5 years. The only reason I dont use them is because my car is being parted out after a wreck.

I’d recommend GC over anything else, Eibach makes a great spring, the rates are spot on for daily driving, but if you want something different they will get it for you.

does anybody know the spring rates of the ots special edition gc’s? i can’t find any info on gc’s site

[QUOTE=Integra GS;1861351]Yes.

Limited edition or not, GC’s made specific sleeves for Koni shocks. You’d be surprised to see how tiny the ring that supports the sleeve is.

Like i said,

My buddy has regular gc’s with ots spring rates on tokico illuminas and its good for daily driving. Hes currently at about a 2.5 - 2.75 inch drop on his DA and is loving it.

I’m on GC/Koni with custom spring rates and I love them. I’m dropped almost
3" and loving it.[/QUOTE]

TRUTH.

that tiny little snap ring on the shocks is an amazing thing though, lol.

i’m lowered about 3 inches (maybe a little more) on my Koni Yellow/Ground Control coilover setup.

trust us, man (TWiST)

just save up and do the whole shebang (KONI/GC). do it once, do it right. no sense wasting time and effort, if you’re just going to do it again. this is a lesson i learned the hard way, as have many others. the Koni/GC setup is an absolutely amazing setup. Koni and Ground Control better start paying me for all the advertising i’m going to be doing for them, lol. i’m telling everyone in my area to go with them.