Guage Placement... Pics Inside..

Hey everyone. I’ve been working on different places to put guages. Maybe this will give people some ideas. Sorry its on imagestation.

Click Here to See the Pics!

oh, and its not done yet, just fitment to see if it looks OK.

I think you should really put them somewhere were you won’t have to move your head much. I mean you’re probably not going to want to look at them all the time like a speedo or tach but still… other side of the dash? :think:

its actually not that bad there. i just put guages that i dont really use/look at that often. but i could see them fine during day and night. besides that, im just throwing out ideas, and the pod on the right is my old placement.

here’s where mine are

this does require permanent modification to the dashpad but i thought it would be worth it for originality.

the trim is fiberglass i eventually texturecoated- the picture is with vinyl.

:bow:

Originally posted by gen2ls/vtec
[B]here’s where mine are

this does require permanent modification to the dashpad but i thought it would be worth it for originality.

the trim is fiberglass i eventually texturecoated- the picture is with vinyl.

:bow: [/B]

texturecoat? care to elaborate? I’m currently looking for a nice texturing method for a project i’m working on. It’d be nice if the texture matched that of the dash or the plastic of most of the dash parts…but its not essential, just something so its not smooth.

k2acid: That is currently about where i’m trying to locate my gauges. Yours looks good, simple and effective. Its true its not the best placement (at least for me). If the car was a race car where I constantly needed to keep tabs on the gauges they would be more in sight. However the fact that its a street car makes the need to see them a little less important, plus I can’t go cutting up my dash and I want a really really clean looking install, so no brackets just bolted here or there. I guess its tough where you’re as picky as me :frowning:

I just finished putting my gauges underneath my cd player, in that extra space that is there once you get a new deck. I just had to shave the bottom of the kit so the circuliar gauges would fit tightly and snugly. It looks sweet, and I got the idea from this month’s edition of “Import Tuner.”

91IntegGS - i cant agree with you more… that metal bracket came with the guages and i never used it. but then i noticed after a year that the bracket is the exact size of my DIN. so i did a little fabricating and made them fit. i think it will look a lot better when im done. it will not look like just a piece of metal.

Originally posted by 91IntegGS
texturecoat? care to elaborate? I’m currently looking for a nice texturing method for a project i’m working on. It’d be nice if the texture matched that of the dash or the plastic of most of the dash parts…but its not essential, just something so its not smooth.

One of my installers at work thought it’d be a good idea when he saw the vinyl not adhering as well as we thought it would. I didnt watch him do it but he removed the vinyl and I think it had more to do with the paint gun nozzle-either a special head specifically for texture coating or :shrug: I do know that the paint was not unusual just the nozzle head.

:bow:

I thought of putting like one of those rectangle shaped A/F meters where the clock is, I already removed it. But…I did install a guage tonight, tell me what you think. When I get a boost guage, I’m going to put it to the left of this one, right on top of the wheel. Here is a link to the pictures.
http://www.highaltitudeimports.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13634

that doesnt look too bad, i dont like the wires sticking out, but maybe your not done yet. otherwise, it looks very good, and the placement is perfect.

Thanks, but there’s nothing I can do about the wires.

replacing the clock with them is a good idea… i might do that when i get some money… i wanted to put a few gauges… but the dual pod for by the door i want to put A/F and volt meter in