hardwiring my tail lights

before i get blasted for ghetto rigging my shit idc, its just a beater daily IDRC, going for function here.
my da keeps blowing the fuse for the tail lights randomly , call me lazy but i dont feel like dicking with a multimeter to figure out the short/w.e.
now my idea is just to run a toggled power side from a fused 12v source. i poked around in my tail lights and noticed 2 wires comming off the bulbs besides the ground. How should i go about this? thanks

[QUOTE=TegMakeHerBeg;2331771]before i get blasted for ghetto rigging my shit idc, its just a beater daily IDRC, going for function here.
my da keeps blowing the fuse for the tail lights randomly , call me lazy but i dont feel like dicking with a multimeter to figure out the short/w.e.
now my idea is just to run a toggled power side from a fused 12v source. i poked around in my tail lights and noticed 2 wires comming off the bulbs besides the ground. How should i go about this? thanks[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling about going for function, however I would still have to suggest when you get time to inspect what is going on, because there could be a bigger problem going on. And the taillights are dual stage: one wire is for the brake light (goes to your break pedal switch), the other to your light switch (comes on when you turn your lights on). Are both taillights going out?

endedup being a bad connection in my headunit ! weirdright i rewired it havnt blown a fuse since