has anyone on here completely replaced their main harness??

I would definitely try solving those problems before just swapping the harness. It would suck to do all that work swapping harnesses only to find out they are still around when you’re done.

Radiator fan should be easy, the system isn’t very complicated. Check the fan motors. Check the relays. Check the sensor and switch wiring. There really aren’t that many components to that system.

What’s wrong w/ the headlights?

the corner lights and the flashers on the headlight have never worked… well, they work on one side but not the driver side. my main motivation behind the swap is to pass bar with as minimal of a problem as possible. the secondary one would be to start with a baseline/ start anew so that someone can wire up my alarm completely. cuttently, all the neccessaries are wired up. i want the extras on there too but noone will touch it as the wiring has been tampered with before. i dunno…

Have you checked all of the relays, switches and fuses for the lighting system? Your helms should have a good diagram of all of that.

Any good alarm installer shouldn’t have a problem removing an old alarm and putting in a new one.

If I was installing an alarm on a car which previously had an alarm I would start by removing the old alarm completely and returning the car to it’s stock form. Then go ahead and install the next alarm the way I wanted it installed. For me that would help things go a bit smoother as I’m not that experienced w/ installing alarms - a pro would probably remove and install at the same time.

You don’t need to swap harnesses in order to get bar’d. The conversion harness will work fine. Having the obd1 main harness would make the conversion a lot nicer looking, but definitely not necessary to pass bar.

i tried a few people and all i heard was drama. tegboi eventually helped me out. hmmm, i always thought that being full obd1 would help with the BAR. well, i think i’ll be going to the junkyard on saturday and see if i come across anything. i’ll try to remove the harness and see if it will be doable for me.

If you’re going to do an OBD1 conversion for BAR purposes I suggest you do a LOT of research on the Referee procedure and what exact requirements there are for engine swaps. This is not the place to make any assumptions if the info is already out there (by this point 99.9% of the needed info is going to be easy to find). But yeah, definitely don’t need to change the harness, a conversion harness is perfectly legal. They don’t care if the wiring is stock, only that you are running the correct components and everything is functioning properly.

ok colin! you’ve convinced me! i guess i’ll just troubleshoot from now on. i’m already obd1 converted and will be putting a b17 in. i’m gonna try to pass my car off using 92-93 gsr specs.

turned most of this wiring, from the fuse box area back, into this…

:stare:

holy shit, you actually managed to get that back together?

electrical was my favorite class in automotive repair :slight_smile: