Hasport cable to hydro conversion

Is anybody running the hasport cable to hydro conversion?

Somewhat relevant: I did a lot of research on this recently, and there is a big debate as to whether the Hasport or Innovative mounts hydro to cable kit is the best. Both seem to have mixed reviews throughout different forums and threads. I was recently going to go this route, as I bought an s4c transmission that included an LS5th and Wavetrac LSD and planned to do the conversion, but there still seem to be issues surrounding breaking clutch cables, pedal stiffness & adjustment, and some other aggravations… What I ended up doing, is transplanting all of the s4c internals into one of my Ys1 cases, and it works like a damn charm! This can likely be done cheaper than buying the conversion kit, as with either, you have to also buy the corresponding passenger side motor mount to be comaptible with the hydro gearbox (which comes up to around $400 with the conversion piece and the mount). An old YS1 trans or just the case (empty cases can be found on eBay for around $100) can usually be found pretty cheap, as it doens’t have to have working gears or gears at all. Everything swaps completely over and is very easy to do, as there are several online guides and youtube videos showing how to do it. If you already have a Ys1 case, it will cost you nothing but time and a little patience. Take note: if you have an older cable gearbox (s1, J1, etc) it will not swap directly over and require a lot of modification. It has to be a 90-93 USDM ys1 case to swap over properly and easily. Hope this helps out.

That’s really good info. I’m having problems with my hasport CMC. The threads on the cable are threaded to its max. The cable it stiff, gears don’t shift like before.