have any of you guys heard of this?

Originally posted by real9999
Since the setup injects into the intake tract can you really restrict the gas to a static volume in the combustion chamber? Perhaps if the crank was at a standstill with closed valves, while heat was extracted from the system, the theory might stand. However, in the dynamic situation of an engine, this simply isn’t the case. Density, pressure, and temperature are all continuously changing variables throughout an engine cycle. You can not accurately determine engine performance based on a static model.

The combustion only occurs at TDC where pressure is maximized and volume is minimized (the valves are closed during ignition of the A/F mixture unless I’m crazy). Granted things aren’t completely constant, but the relationships are still pretty much the same, though the numbers may be different (I made sure not to use numbers). It is possible to determine such things on a dynamic level but I don’t think we’d find anything significantly different.

And any proof based on nothing but ideal gases won’t hold any weight in the real world. You can crunch as many numbers as you want, but at the end of the day, the only way to truly know the effectiveness of a setup is to test it on an actual running engine.

Actually I would believe that the deviation of engine properties (what you described) from the average for one engine is much smaller than deviations between different engines. What I mean, is that 2 cycles on one engine are going to be more similar than 2 cycles from 2 engines. So unless everyone buys one and tests it, theiry saves you some money (and is fun! :p). Even if a gas is not ideal, the same properties are still held, but extra significant terms are added. For any gas, if you increase the temperature, you’re going to increase the pressure, etc.

Tom [/B][/QUOTE]

When I go to OH to check out the Summint Racing store Ill just stop by :slight_smile:

Why not get one of those adapters to your ecu that makes your engine think its cold? Save a lot of money and get the same effect right?

Originally posted by enriq415
Why not get one of those adapters to your ecu that makes your engine think its cold? Save a lot of money and get the same effect right?

Good point!

Venom module. My friend has that in his D16 Civic. It’s a nice sleeper mod! The good module (#400) is $299-399.
But this DEI Cryo2 system is much more fun! Maybe you could run both… The venom module installs easier though.

http://www.venom-performance.com

CRYO2
http://designengineering.com/cryo2_cryogenic_air_intake.html

Originally posted by GSpeedR
The combustion only occurs at TDC where pressure is maximized and volume is minimized (the valves are closed during ignition of the A/F mixture unless I’m crazy). Granted things aren’t completely constant, but the relationships are still pretty much the same, though the numbers may be different (I made sure not to use numbers). It is possible to determine such things on a dynamic level but I don’t think we’d find anything significantly different.

You can consider combustion as a single instantaneous event, but you won’t be able to account for related differences such as chamber filling and air density that occur prior to combustion. Of course, you can always generalize. And that’s fine. But please don’t tell me you can model actual engine performance based on nothing but static variables of PV=nRT.

Actually I would believe that the deviation of engine properties (what you described) from the average for one engine is much smaller than deviations between different engines. What I mean, is that 2 cycles on one engine are going to be more similar than 2 cycles from 2 engines. So unless everyone buys one and tests it, theiry saves you some money (and is fun! :p). Even if a gas is not ideal, the same properties are still held, but extra significant terms are added. For any gas, if you increase the temperature, you’re going to increase the pressure, etc.

You can crunch numbers based on theory. I’ll use real world engine tests and results. See you at the track. :wink:

Tom

Re: have any of you guys heard of this?

Originally posted by ledfoot
its a cryogenic system that freezes the incoming air…do you guys think it’s legit?
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm/partfamilyid/1160/CategoryID/28/SubCategoryID/212

LOL “At the track!!!”

Ledfoot, I’ll look you up when I get my kit, ok?

Dan

Originally posted by real9999
You can consider combustion as a single instantaneous event, but you won’t be able to account for related differences such as chamber filling and air density that occur prior to combustion. Of course, you can always generalize. And that’s fine. But please don’t tell me you can model actual engine performance based on nothing but static variables of PV=nRT.

I think that it’s pretty safe to assume that one engine cycle at a certain rpm, gear, load, etc. is going to be the same as another. You would only remove negligible data doing so. You’re right, it takes a lot of work to dig through that kind of theory (trust me I know…I mapped out the entire braking system based on a driver input at the pedal). But it would be cheaper than spending $300. Somebody had to do it otherwise there’d be no engineering of such products. Anyway, yes calculating actual numbers would require a decent pile of fluid and thermodynamics.

I’m also not saying that you shouldn’t do testing. I happen to like to know why something works as well as the fact that it does.

You can crunch numbers based on theory. I’ll use real world engine tests and results. See you at the track. :wink:

You just might. Nelson Ledges August 9-10th :smiley:

:manual:

Tom