Head cover

Is there any problems with cutting away the section of the head cover to view the cam gears? Like dirt getting in there.

The only problem you need to worry about it if a rock or something pops up and gets in there. You can imaging the headache that would causeā€¦

I have mine cut away and my upper timing belt cover removed. It just makes it easier to tune the cam gears since I dont have to pull the valve cover off to do it.

Later,
BR

Some people will actually cut the entire part of the valve cover off that hangs over the cam gears. This is not very good on a number of levels. What I did was cut the side out, leaving a little edge, kinda rounded off. I then mounted some chrome piping around the edge. It looks great, and is much safer than cutting the entire thing off. I have my valve cover powder coated yellow, with blue AEM cam gears. If you have aftermarket cam gears, this is a great way to show those off.

Originally posted by EpeK
Some people will actually cut the entire part of the valve cover off that hangs over the cam gears. This is not very good on a number of levels. What I did was cut the side out, leaving a little edge, kinda rounded off. I then mounted some chrome piping around the edge. It looks great, and is much safer than cutting the entire thing off. I have my valve cover powder coated yellow, with blue AEM cam gears. If you have aftermarket cam gears, this is a great way to show those off.

I want to do this in the future do you have any:gotpics:
I would really appreciate your help bro!
thanks in advance if you can post them.:stuck_out_tongue:

Here is a pic of my valve cover cut at the edge.

Thanks bro! Nice motor:p