Header!!!

Hey I been looking for a header with 2.5 Exhaust outlet for my b18a OBD0 Motor…I was wondering if a GSR Header will fit on a B18A OBD0 Motor…Thanks!

yes :dozing:

Depending on where the O2 sensor is, it may fit, but not work.

GSR (B17 or B18c from 3rd gen) if I am not mistaken, are all OBD1, which has a heated O2 sensor down by the collector (under and behind the engine) The OBD0 has it in a runner up by the head. They are not interchangeable, as in you can’t use a non heated in the back, and expect to run well/pass emissions.

Yes, they will fit, and bolt up (may need an extender for the exhaust to match up), but they will not just work out of the box.

Well DC now makes the header for the 90-91 with the o2 down by the collector and a extension wire to move it, so it can’t be that bad. And it’s a carb legal header so it can’t really changed emissions at all, california is like the strictest place for that stuff.

I always thought you shouldn’t move them either but aparantly it doesn’t matter. I just made a thread about this because I wasn’t sure if I wanted to put it on or not but everyone agreed it doesn’t make a difference. If anything it’s better to have it down low so it reads all 4 cylinders, instead of just 2.

[QUOTE=operator207;2089431]They are not interchangeable, as in you can’t use a non heated in the back, and expect to run well/pass emissions.[/QUOTE]the placement of the O2 only really changes the amount of time between start and operating temp maps. nothing major. just take a few more mins to get the O2 to warm up.

also, the tech should not be testing your car cold. he needs to run the car stationary for 5-10 mins. this WILL warm the O2 plenty. this assumes he had the car over night and you didnt do the smart thing and drive it to him.

[QUOTE=operator207;2089431]Yes, they will fit, and bolt up (may need an extender for the exhaust to match up), but they will not just work out of the box.[/QUOTE]iirc, this is true. the main part of bolting it to the head is what i was replying to. sorry, it was a very early morning for me…

I mean a 94-01 GSR B18C header will fit into a 90 integra B18A OBD0 motor, right?? Because if it fits, then I want to get a Megan Racing JDM 94-01 GSR B18C Header with 2.5 exhaust outlet to go with my Blox 2.5 test pipe. I don’t want it to lay around and collecting dust.

I have a Comptech for a 97 Type R (in my garage… not on the car… but it may be on it soon because of the junk header I am dealing with) and it is approximately 12-14 inches too short (so you will have to have an extension made up)… but it really shouldn’t be too bad.

[QUOTE=operator207;2089431]Depending on where the O2 sensor is, it may fit, but not work.

GSR (B17 or B18c from 3rd gen) if I am not mistaken, are all OBD1, which has a heated O2 sensor down by the collector (under and behind the engine) The OBD0 has it in a runner up by the head. They are not interchangeable, as in you can’t use a non heated in the back, and expect to run well/pass emissions.

Yes, they will fit, and bolt up (may need an extender for the exhaust to match up), but they will not just work out of the box.[/QUOTE]

the placement is actually better on the obd1 header no matter what o2 sensor you have.

huh? obd1+ uses a 4-wire o2, which is heated. so i am a little confused by your post…

your right. ill edit that.

Any B-series header should bolt up to the engine (as far as I know there is only one bolt pattern for the exhaust manifold on the engine for B-series). Most 4-2-1 headers will fit the engine and clear the crossmember, but if it is not specifically for your year of Integra, the exhaust length will have to be modified. Most 4-1 headers won’t clear the stock crossmember (running a traction bar or modifying the crossmember would solve that issue).