Headlight out - What's the deal?

Well, I’ve had my driver’s side headlight out for a while now. It’s not the bulb though, the bulb works fine. I’m pretty sure the problem is with the harness (plug) because the high beams still work, and if i mess around and move the bulb around while it’s in the harness, it will work sometimes. It seems like the bulb isn’t making a good connection, maybe the harness is corroded?

I can turn the high beams on fine, but it’s the regular that doesn’t work.

I want to get a new harness but I’m not sure where I can find one. It’s the one with the plug pattern similar to the three prong that goes into your wall (comes with the JDM one-piece headlights). Anyone know where I can pick one up at? And what it is?

Maybe there is something I can do to the one I have, like clean out the ports somehow? I already filed the prongs on the bulb’s side and got them clean again, but I don’t know how to clean up the holes for the prongs… Thanks for the help.

any h4 harness will work from autozone,kragens,pepboys ect

H4 harness? I just went and asked about them and the lady told me that they don’t have them, and that I wont find them anywhere besides a junkyard :hmm:

Ok I bought a new harness, and it didn’t work. I bought a new bulb, that didn’t work either. I have no idea what’s going on now.

The headlight worked fine in my other car until I had been driving for about a month. Then one day it started flickering, and finally it went out. Every once in a while if I move stuff around just right it will go on for a second.

I put the lights on my new car, same deal. The headlight wont work. It has to be something wrong with the connection down by the headlight right? Maybe I will re-solder everything… But if that doesn’t work, anyone have any ideas?

The high beams, corner lights, and fog lights work just fine. It’s just that driver’s side driving light.