headlights aren't that bright anymore

I have a two year old red optima battery with a new (rebuilt) alternator. Grounds are checked for corrosion which they are good. I’m thinking the bulbs are weak? Whatcha’ll think?

You should do the 9004 to 9007 conversion… much brighter output… look on the teg tips under lighting.

Anyways, check your headlight harness cuz they might be loose over time from vibration. Mine was like that and the headlights were a dimmer than usual so I just grabbed the harness and shook it around and the lights went brighter…

What if I buy those sylvania ultras whites. Will I get better light visibility?

Yeah but it will be much brighter with the 9007 conversion plus sylvania ultras… only takes like 10 minutes.

[QUOTE=hybrid90;1833561]You should do the 9004 to 9007 conversion… much brighter output… look on the teg tips under lighting.QUOTE]

dont do this… i tried this my mom has a 99 grand prix with the 9007 and the dims are much brighter but when you turn them on bright they go really dim… same with the 9004 in the grand prix… i have sylvania silverstar bulbs in my car and they are great!! much brighter than stock and better light output!! deff worth the money

also if you get the yellow fog bulb covers from a legend with the silverstars you get great visibility, especially in bad weather the yellow is great

Um ok?

People don’t go driving around with their brights on. :roll:

also if you get the yellow fog bulb covers from a legend with the silverstars you get great visibility, especially in bad weather the yellow is great

Any cover over a bulb, or coating on a bulb reduces light output. Pretty much common sense here.

91akira: If you want slightly better light output with a bulb that doesn’t contain any coating on bulb itself, try the Sylvania Xtravision bulbs.

Hey thanks spikeymike. I’ll give those a try.

I had those on my Integra when I still had it. And currently have them on my 3.

Light output increased by about 10-15% or so.

[QUOTE=spikeymike;1833698]I had those on my Integra when I still had it. And currently have them on my 3.

Light output increased by about 10-15% or so.[/QUOTE]

They didn’t have the xtravision brand so I bought the ultras. That has a thin color film on it. Its nice and bright but not too much of a difference. Do you think those xtravision ones will look brighter? Them kragen people said that the ultras are brighter. what you think?

I haven’t tried the Ultra’s. Didn’t feel like spending a lot on bulbs that might burn out in a year.

The Xtravision ones are cheaper and last a lot longer. I believe the Xtravisions would give more visible light output since there is no coating on the lense at all.