Heater knob isn't turning?!?!?!?

I ran a search and didn’t find anything on this.

Ok, my car has had this problem for awhile now, and I don’t know what’s wrong with it. The knob for my heater doesn’t turn at all, so I have no heat, defroster, and all that good stuff. The knob just won’t move at all and I have no clue what to do about it. If anybody has had this happen to them, please post on how you fixed it and approximately how much it all cost. I read about the resistors going bad for the fan motor, but I’m not sure if that has to do with the knob not turning at all.

I have the same problem, and yeah i’m pretty sure its the resistor behind the knob that has melted. I doubt it is hard to fix, I just haven’t gotten round to it.

Will the knob pull off?? If so, try pulling it off to see if the notch that slides onto the control shaft is broken. It could be something as simple as replacing the knob. Also with the knob off, try turning the shaft with your hands or a set of pliers to see what happens. Update us when you try something.

I have pulled the knob off and have tried turning it. The whole thing feels like it’s jammed on something somewhere.

Mine done the same thing numerous times. What I did to fix it was to somewhat turn the knob, then I pulled on the cable underneath the passenger side footwell. That helped to solve the problem, but I still have hot air coming out when I turn it to the cold setting. I think that the plastic was just turned too far and then it got stuck. You should just open it all up and see what the prob really is. Maybe your lines are jammed and not the actual knob part…but play around with it. And somewhat tug on the lines instead of the knob too.