help! broken axel!

my driver side axle broke yesterday, and as i was removing it i noticed the end of the shaft was stuck in the intermediate axle. how would i be able to remove that piece out?

first of all…are u sure u installed the right axle, on the right side??

no its the driver side, i havent gotten to install it yet, because the end of the old axle is stuck in the intermediate shaft, ill try to get a pic right now

this is what im talking about

Nasty…
Drill and tap a hole for a good size bolt and try getting it out with a slide hammer?

i attemped to drill it after 10 min of drilling i barely made a dimple on it,
could i just buy the half shaft new?

[QUOTE=da’sda9;2037651]i attemped to drill it after 10 min of drilling i barely made a dimple on it,
could i just buy the half shaft new?[/QUOTE]

yes u could buy a half shaft or just get urself a used one that is in good condition

thank god i got it out.
thanks guys for your input

How did you manage to get it out?

[QUOTE=da’sda9;2037711]thank god i got it out.
thanks guys for your input[/QUOTE]

:rockon: glad to hear that u got it out. i was thinking about suggesting that u weld a bolt to it or something and then pull it out.

i did somthing like that, i drilled a whole about an inch deep, and smacked a screw and washer in there with a big hammer, then used a ball joint splitter to pull it out. i know its ghetto, but it worked lol:whew:

now i have another problem,
wen i was driving on the freeway, a prelude try to race me, so i went for it, then my car was shaking and pulling to the left extremely hard, as if the axle was binding. what the heck could that be?

[QUOTE=da’sda9;2039029]i did somthing like that, i drilled a whole about an inch deep, and smacked a screw and washer in there with a big hammer, then used a ball joint splitter to pull it out. i know its ghetto, but it worked lol:whew:

now i have another problem,
wen i was driving on the freeway, a prelude try to race me, so i went for it, then my car was shaking and pulling to the left extremely hard, as if the axle was binding. what the heck could that be?[/QUOTE]

i’d do a full check of ur suspension parts, ball joints, bushings, wheel bearings, axles, tires, etc.

i posted a new thread about this, im guessing its an inch too short