Help: Heat shield question...

Wuz up guys…I’ve been thru 2 exhaust on my DA. And I didnt like any of them, so i put my stock one back on. So right now i just bought my 3rd. Which is an RS-R catback…The problem I have is that the heatshield in the rear is kinda torn and hanging very slightly. It kinda taps my exhaust pipe n all. Before I put my RS-R on, should I get a new heatshield for the rear?..or should i just keep it off. Knowing the pipes run right next to the gas tank, is it really important to buy a new one, or get one from the junkyard and keep it on?..or can i jus take it off, and leave it off cuz i dont need it?.. :think:…How important is it to keep on?..I took my front heatshield of cuz my short shifter used to rub against it, and that doesnt affect my car at all, nor does my stick get hot. I jus need an opinion on either leaving or taking of the rear heatshield?..I dont want my car blowing up on me…=/

I havent had any of my heat shields on my car since the 1st days Ive owned them. All they do is help eliminate heat in the cabin. I would recommend just removing them. You will only notice the slight heat when on long drives (couple of hrs straight) and it will just feel like the floor in the center is a little warmer. Just everyday driving will not cause you to notice anything. Its perfectly safe to remove them.