HELP ME!?? CAR died

had my low battery light for about a day. So im driving home from work tonight and my headlights start to dim and so do the cockpit lights. Cd player turns off, then on, then off… by the time im home my turn signals wouldnt even work. Is it my alternator? Battery is dead now too. Car wont even start. What could have caused this… i have wired up one pieces… an amp cable straight from the positive side of the battery.???

HELP ME PLEASE!:frowning:

yea sounds like alternator to me, integ’91 kinda had that same problem. good thing you made it home safely though. :slight_smile:

how much am i looking at for this?

Originally posted by jaydeeM
how much am i looking at for this?

About an arm, and half a leg.
Unless you do it yourself of course.

in all honesty how much? and how hard is this to do myself?

pretty hard, since there is practically no room to loosen the belt.

so parts and labor anyone have an estimate?

I just changed a friends alt . It is a pain in the a$$ because there is little room and you have to pull the axel to remove and place the new one . Not sure on the cost of the new alt , I just did the labor part . It is a good time to change the tranny fluid though:D HTH

ok i just went out and started her… NO low battery light and the juice was fine…whats the problem?

Originally posted by g2tegger90
I just changed a friends alt . It is a pain in the a$$ because there is little room and you have to pull the axel to remove and place the new one . Not sure on the cost of the new alt , I just did the labor part . It is a good time to change the tranny fluid though:D HTH

do you really have to remove the intermediate shaft to get the alternator out or you can simply remove the axel? because removing only the axle is a piece of cake… enlighten me please?