??? Help me decide on wheels: Enkei Apache II or XXR 531 ???

i just did a master bushing set without a press, now that was a pain in the ass…why are u getting custom made tophats versus the ones u can just buy?

i started to do the bushings myself too but after an hour of failed attempts, i gave into calling around. how the hell did you do it yourself? the machine shop i took it to couldn’t get some out even with a 10 ton press!

i decided to go with custom top hats because a fabricator of mine is doing it for free 99 :smiley:

i torched the hell out of each bushing till it was on fire by itself, let burn for 1 minute, then blow out and pull out the rubber, then a big ass socket underneath, a socket the same size as the bushing housing itself on the top and a 3lb hammer, and lot and lots and LOTS of hammering…took about 18 hours to do the entire kit this method lol…

o shit. that’s dedication.

i was going to do that to the trailing arm bushing because mine is shot and needed replacement really bad…but i just squeezed polyurethane into the gaps and its good as new. did the same to my motor mounts and couldn’t be happier. home depot has the best shiet. haha

haha!! i would never do that, i am about to order the trailing arm bushings and motor mount inserts as well…gonna do it all the rite way…and yea it was ALOT of work, worked straight threw didnt take a break…was such a self victory when done tho bc a shop wanted $400 to do it

jeebus…$400. that’s a pretty penny. if i didn’t get lucky and find a shop to do it for a quarter of that, id buy a torch at home depot too.

good luck with the trailing arm. i hear hardrace is good.

prolly gonna keep it with energy…i like their products and use them on my racecar as well…i got SOO much parts and work to do this weekend it makes me sick, but gotta get it done before my new shop opens next month

i tried their motor mount inserts and couldn’t get the rear insert to seat properly so i returned the set and went the window weld route. maybe you’ll have better luck with em.

what car do you track? the DA is supposed to be my daily so i can keep my BMW 135 track ready.

the db1 is the daily, and i just sold the evo, was also serving as DD and track, but got tired of it…so picked this up for my new drag car, its gonna be all motor k24/k20 ITBs but might have to hault on that till i get this shop open next month…its a bitch being in the army and trying to open a business cuz im getting out of the army next month, but heres the new bitch lol…

also this is my 5th race car since i was 16, first i raced in pro4 circle track, then late models, then i dragged my SRT8 charger, then the EVO and now this

that’s badass!

got the chassis as sits for 4k from a buddy…he didnt know how to build or race, was always blowing up, got 1 10 second pass then gave up and pulled the motor…i already have the motor for it and shit just gotta make space, have 8 cars at the house being worked on, my favorite one we are building rite now will be an 800whp boosted nitrous s2k…and this dude wants to daily it!