HELP!!! painting moldings and fixing rust

1. im getting ready to paint my mouldings, lip and mirrors. how do the side moldings come off??? because i really dont want to have to mask very much.
  2. i have the usual rust right behind the rear wheels where the quarter panel meets the bumper. it is rusted so bad that the bumper bracket isnt even attached anymore. if anybody else has had this same prob. and knows any tricks to get it fixed up i would appreciate any advice.

hmm the side moldings are held in by clips. u have to get to them from the inside. or there might be some tool to take it off easier, not sure. the long moldings might have a plastic nut on it too. also from the inside. as for ur other questions. :confused:

I have the same problem with my rear bumper. I haven’t fixed it yet, the only way I can think of is to cut that piece out a junkyard car, and have it welded in. I got an estimate of $250, not counting the price of the quarter panel.

Re: HELP!!! painting moldings and fixing rust

Originally posted by 90TEGGY LS
[B]1. im getting ready to paint my mouldings, lip and mirrors. how do the side moldings come off??? because i really dont want to have to mask very much.

1. i have the usual rust right behind the rear wheels where the quarter panel meets the bumper. it is rusted so bad that the bumper bracket isnt even attached anymore. if anybody else has had this same prob. and knows any tricks to get it fixed up i would appreciate any advice. [/B]

What ever you do, try not to use bondo. The best way to
fix that rust is to cut and weld new metal into place.
There really isn’t a cheap fix to this problem…