Help! Seat Belts

my auto seat belts move normally to the forward (unfastened) position, the control module never stops beeping, the seat belt light on cluster blinks, and the seat belt will not move itself back to the fastened position!

what’s broken? thanks :slight_smile:

I had a similar issue on the passenger side, fixed at the dealer at no charge, under the lifetime warranty for the seatbelt. See copy of receipt below for the dealer description of the problem, and the parts replaced, including the p/n’s:

Was this recently? When I called, they told me (in more words) no. That the warranty has recently changed blah blah.

Oh, it looks as though it was October 15th of this year? How did you go about getting them to do it without jerking you around? And how long were you without your car?

[QUOTE=XeiaieX;2322074]Oh, it looks as though it was October 15th of this year? How did you go about getting them to do it without jerking you around? And how long were you without your car?[/QUOTE]Yes, October. The problem first showed up, intermittently, about a year ago. Then last summer the seatbelt stopped going back from the full forward position. Finally the beeping started, and I took it in.

No hassle, really. Maybe for them, b/c they said they had only had 3 seatbelt warranty repairs in 8 years on that model, and they had to make some extra calls, get a copy of the warranty information, etc.

On the phone when I made the appointment they said at first that they would bill for time and then reverse the charge if it was a warranty issue. When they saw the car they called someone called a “warranty rep” at Acura, and told me they were sure it would be fixed under warranty.

I left the car there for three days, because it was not worth it to drive there and back, but basically about an hour to look at it and call Acura. Second day to order parts, third day to install. They offered me a loaner car, but I did not need it, so I just left it there, and a driver came and got me when it was done.

If you are tempted to mess with the seatbelt control module under the carpet to stop the beeping - don’t! Acura may not honor the warranty if you disable it.

The dealer gets paid for the warranty work by Acura, they are not losing any money over this. It’s been working really well since the new parts were installed, and someone from Acura called a few weeks later to follow up on the repair.

Brilliant!! Thanks for all of the information; that helps a lot. I was having a look through my original documentation and found the warranty information regarding the seat belts. I wonder why both a Honda and Acura dealership misled me about the warranty.

The only downside would be not having my car for a few days. I don’t think I’d live haha.

(I see that your location is Wisconsin. Which dealer did you take it to? I’m also in Wisconsin!)

I did unplug the control module but of course they don’t need to know that haha

Solved. It’s the seat belt control module.

[QUOTE=XeiaieX;2322110]Solved. It’s the seat belt control module.[/QUOTE]I took my car to Acura of Brookfield, just west of Milwaukee. If your control module is not covered for some reason, I have a spare from my parts car. I don’t think “unplugging” anything would void the warranty, but once you start cutting and splicing wires… well, you get the idea, the incessant beeping is really annoying!

Ya, and while it’s plugged in, the driver seatbelt always moves forward and that just doesn’t work haha. I’m gonna call them tomorrow and ask but I’m sure they’ll tell me no again. How much do you want for the control module?

[QUOTE=XeiaieX;2322116]Ya, and while it’s plugged in, the driver seatbelt always moves forward and that just doesn’t work haha. I’m gonna call them tomorrow and ask but I’m sure they’ll tell me no again. How much do you want for the control module?[/QUOTE]Send me an email using the address in my profile, or use my thread in the for sale section. (I don’t want to use the help threads to sell parts, but around $20 shipped should do it, from me or on ebay)

Honestly, as far as I know, this should be covered under the warranty. They treated me pretty well, it just took them a while to figure out what to do.