help with cromefree and freelog

i’ve read as many posts as i could about freelog and crome here at g2ic, and all i see is that a few people get them to work great together. well i can’t…

i’ve been tuning the last 2 days by watching my a/f on logworks and noting when i’m rich/lean, also noting about what psi i’m at and about what rpm’s im at doing 40-80 pulls. then in crome i adjust anything in the corresponding sections of the rpm and vac/boost on the maps and charts, adding/subtracting fuel where it looked higher or lower. got myself into a much safer zone, but it sucked looking at 4 things at once.

my problems:
-freelog shows something that looks like data…some readings i’m not sure of but don’t look right, rpms are definately off (do i need a rpm attachment? can i diy one), map reading is right however. also the boxes in the charts and data capture didn’t do anything but change color and it was about half the chart?? i didn’t try the “log” button, it just didn’t look right so why log garbage?

-how do you set the target lambda tables?? read something about “uploading” the tables?? i can’t find any. could this be why i’m not getting my o2 readings?

-cromefree works fine…i did have trouble getting it to work with the rtp, so crome adjusts everything, i save my change then i load it in tunerpro rtp and put it on the ostrich 2.0, works fine, but i’d like to just use crome.

-and is there any way to write plugins for cromefree or freelog?? i am wondering why there isn’t one for datalogging or something that someone has come up with, unless i haven’t found it. i’m also wondering about plugins for a launchcontrol or 2step, i believe i’ve seen them but do they work with cromefree?

hopefully in the next few days, i’ll work some stuff out or i’ll get some helpfull info.

If you want datalogging inside of crome and all the extra perks, you’ll need to go crome pro. I personally am about to convert to obd1 and crome free myself, but haven’t yet. So I don’t know the answers to your questions, but the best place to find them is pgmfi.org.