Here are the Ls 5th gear part numbers

These are for the G2 Ls trans
Mainshaft 5th sprocket Acura/ Honda P/N 23581-PS1-A00 $79.05 list
Countershaft 5th Sprocket P/N 23461-PS1-A01 $49.58 list
These are for the G3 GS-R trans
Y80 Mainshaft 5th…23581-P80-V00 $88
Y80 Countershaft 5th…23461-P80-V00 $55
Thanks to 2ndJenn and G2guru for the info.

Here is a link to the chart that Dan (G2guru) made. I had to link it because I could not get the pic to show up.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/27414748/36010391QVgIDo

archivethis please

Dan (G2GURU) and I posted this info on the hybrid board last week under a post called “Y1 LSD”.
By the way the part numbers for the LS 5th sprockets are for a 90-91 LS. I posted them back in March under a post called “LS 5th Gears installed in Y1 tranny”. Thanks for the credit !

If anyone needs more info, do a search on the posts listed above.

92-93 LS 5th

Here are the 92-93 LS 5th part numbers courtesy of who else - Dan!:slight_smile:

23581-PS1-A01 LS 5th Gear Main
23461-PS1-A02 LS 5th Gear Counter

And for any of you that want to find the your speed at certain rpm here is an excel spreadsheet that will do it all for you. Just know ur gear ratios and your set.

http://www.geocities.com/rcnacura/netmph.xls

What is the difference in the 90-91 and the 92-93 Ls gears?

the main and counter shafts on the 90-91 and the 92- up are different sizes trust me i found this out the hard way…

Are you sure you want to put that LS fifth gear into your ys1 tranny?

Dan did it… and it didn’t last long, he took that thing off real quick. the RPMs in 5th were way too low.

I thought dan put anothe ls5th gear in it, but from the cable tranny that has the 0.742 ratio instead of the y80’s 0.714.

For a vtec engine though I wouldn’t put the LS 5th gear in because there isn’t enough torque to suffice in 5th, but in a nonvtec definately. Going down the road in 5th gear at almost redline is no fun.

Originally posted by rcnacura
[B]I thought dan put anothe ls5th gear in it, but from the cable tranny that has the 0.742 ratio instead of the y80’s 0.714.

For a vtec engine though I wouldn’t put the LS 5th gear in because there isn’t enough torque to suffice in 5th, but in a nonvtec definately. Going down the road in 5th gear at almost redline is no fun. [/B]

i can’t remember what he told me, but I believe he put in a newer gen GSR 5th gear, which was still a bit longer than the ys1.

he put the 5th gear set out of a G3 Y80…

here is the thread

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16825

Originally posted by rcnacura
For a vtec engine though I wouldn’t put the LS 5th gear in because there isn’t enough torque to suffice in 5th, but in a nonvtec definately. Going down the road in 5th gear at almost redline is no fun.

I have the 90-91 LS 5th in my Y1 tranny and have no problems with it. The short gears in the Y1 are fun unless you are doing highway driving. The stock short 5th in the y1 is good for the track but sucks for highway speeds above 75Mph.
I have a B16A and have my car up to 100mph in 4th gear on the highway with the Y1. I doubt that many people on this board would crack 100mph in the 1320. I guess it depends on the way you want your car to drive. I like to drive at high speeds on the highway so the LS 5th suits my needs.
Just a heads up for anyone that is thinking about geting an LSD. It does cause a little torque steer and takes a little time to get used to. But the first time you take a fast right handed turn or a highway on-ramp at 75mph you will be have an ear to ear grin.

Originally posted by 2ndJenn
[B]

I have the 90-91 LS 5th in my Y1 tranny and have no problems with it. The short gears in the Y1 are fun unless you are doing highway driving. The stock short 5th in the y1 is good for the track but sucks for highway speeds above 75Mph.
I have a B16A and have my car up to 100mph in 4th gear on the highway with the Y1. I doubt that many people on this board would crack 100mph in the 1320. I guess it depends on the way you want your car to drive. I like to drive at high speeds on the highway so the LS 5th suits my needs.
Just a heads up for anyone that is thinking about geting an LSD. It does cause a little torque steer and takes a little time to get used to. But the first time you take a fast right handed turn or a highway on-ramp at 75mph you will be have an ear to ear grin. [/B]

but we were talking about the ys1 tranny specificially. :smiley:

Originally posted by 2ndJenn
[B]

Just a heads up for anyone that is thinking about geting an LSD. It does cause a little torque steer and takes a little time to get used to. But the first time you take a fast right handed turn or a highway on-ramp at 75mph you will be have an ear to ear grin. [/B]

Do you have an OEM LSD ??? Cause i have a Quaife and have no torque steer… Next time my Tranny comes out i will do the 5th Gear swap… With my S1 5th Highway driving suxors…

yes it is OEM Honda. My B16A engine / y1 tranny / PWO Ecu came out of a CRX Sir. THOSE CARS MUST HAVE BEEN SICK!
A 91 CRX Si is my next purchase. Can you say engine swap!