Hesitaition / Bogging / Misfiring.....

Blah blah blah, I searched this already and Ive seen O2 sensor, fuel filter, MAP sensor, and I dont know Ive done everything…all as choices to fix it. Now I just did an entire tuneup - plugs, wires, cap and rotor, then I reset the ECU and it ran fine for a little before it started acting up again. Whats next? My gas mileage still sucks too so Im thinkin fuel filter but with people doing that already and it not makin a difference whats the point? This car only has 82K on it original so yea can we all collectively get this figured out already?? :clap:

Thanks in advance…

Justin

Wow, amazing, no one has any clue. BTT

check your coil and see if it’s still good, or, not about to go soon.

Any knocking sound coming from your engine? Does it idle normal and only misfire when you drive? If so perhaps it’s a bad injector.

Just a suggestion
Ken

are your spark plus wires in teh right order? fuel pump going bad? maybe teh weather sucks?.. i dunno man… if you replaced all that stuff… and its still bad… must be something bigger than a tune up

Checked the coil and its fine. I dont get any kind of knocking sound and it idles perfectly fine. Spark plug wires and plugs are in the right order. Fuel pump? Could be Im not sure? Or even fuel filter? Another nice side note, it only starts actin up when its warmed up. When its cold it runs fine. So any other help?

Thanks

You said you replaced the O2 sensor right? Could be a CTS(or ECT, don’t remember which one) problem. The temp. sensor being bad and thus telling the ECU you car is cold when it’s actually hot… Or something like this.

82k miles? Have you changed your timing belt and waterpump yet?

Originally posted by NtenseTeg
82k miles? Have you changed your timing belt and waterpump yet?

Just what I was thinking… timing belt may have sliped a tooth, thus causing bad idle, acceleration, and overall performance.

The timing belt isn’t due until 90K miles…but I suppose maybe it could just go bad with age, too.

fact: My car has had two times in its life when it has hesitated/ bogged. The first was a bad O2 sensor. The second was because of worn ring seals in the “spark plug shafts.” Oil was seeping past these and wetting the plugs. It sounds improbable but two of the plugs were literally wet underneath the “rubber boot.” And the problem disappeared as soon as I replaced the ring seals.

rumor: Haven’t many G2 drivers had trouble with a “fuel relay?” I haven’t paid too much attention to those posts in the past.

Originally posted by 90integraGS
The timing belt isn’t due until 90K miles…but I suppose maybe it could just go bad with age, too.

I’d change it anyways, to be on the very safe side. Water-pump as well (same amount for labour, just have to buy the new pump).

fact: My car has had two times in its life when it has hesitated/ bogged. The first was a bad O2 sensor. The second was because of worn ring seals in the “spark plug shafts.” Oil was seeping past these and wetting the plugs. It sounds improbable but two of the plugs were literally wet underneath the “rubber boot.” And the problem disappeared as soon as I replaced the ring seals.

Have you checked this out this time? The new sels you put in, for one reason or another, may have gone bad and are letting oil past again.

rumor: Haven’t many G2 drivers had trouble with a “fuel relay?” I haven’t paid too much attention to those posts in the past.

From what I’ve read, the MFR problem seems to be mainly for cars not starting, as it is a relay, not an acutal pump. The relay just tells the pump to turn on or off. If your car was not starting at all, I’d say to check the relay, but since it starts and drives, I’d say not to bother with the MFR. If the relay was to turn off the fuel pump (ie: go bad during driving), your car would simply stall out as there would be no fual going to the fuel rail anymore.

I’m sure other people here have other suggestions as to what to look for to fix this problem too. Maybe a compression test and/or leakdown test? Not sure what this will diagnose, but do a search around here and find out. :smiley:

~Eric

Curls- the seals are still working for me; why do you ask?

might be the oil pressure sending unit or oil pump this happened to me twice the first time it was the O2 sensor wire burned from having put a new header on. the second time it was the oil pressure sending unit.

I just had the EXACT same problem start today. On the way home, it hesitates, or kind of bogs down and jerks when I try to accel. Checked the plugs, their dry, only thing I did recently was replace the PCV Valve.

Where should I started?

Welp in tryin to narrow it down a little more. The guy I bought it from had the timing belt done at just a little past 60K so it wont be due again til 120K at the latest. When I pulled my old plugs they were fine, no oil of any kind or anything on them. Its not the fuel pump seein as my car starts fine. So maybe fuel filter? God I hope fuel filter. How hard is this to do?

The fuel filter is very easy to change.

You mentioned you read about the O2 sensor…did you actually replace it or check it? Just in case you didn’t, an easy way to check is to unplug the sensor then drive the car until it’s fully warmed up. If the car runs correctly, then it’s a bad sensor.

Hopefully it’s the fuel filter…those are cheap and easy like Topeka hookers!

did you gap the plugs correctly. I would say CHECK that because my old acura when i bought it ran like CRAP and i pulled the plugs out and found an almost .90 or so gap!!! put in mew plugs at the correct gap and it ran like a champ.

that would be the first thing i would double check.

mike

Originally posted by curls
[B]Have you checked this out this time? The new sels you put in, for one reason or another, may have gone bad and are letting oil past again.

[/B]

he’s not the one that started this thread…

i’m having this very problem from time to time as well… i was thinking fuel filter, not the pump cuz i heard when that goes, the car won’t start at all.

mine ONLY does this when hot, like, after i kill it for a few minutes or so… then start back up, like at the gas station or something, it bogs the first couple times i take off from a stop…

ever figure out the problem? please post to let us know here:

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34616

:bow: