Hey guys - will a hatch fit in a DA?

And what if I did? You live in California. It’s a little different than Ohio. DAs are scarce to begin with, and finding a clean one is no easy task.

No offense, Bacardi. :slight_smile: My car is sort of a rust bucket and my philosophy is: get to 300,000 miles at the least expense and then I’m upgrading to something else. I’m at 251,068 right now. Mechanically everything is great. Cosmetically I couldn’t care less.

Right now I’m waiting for a replacement driver side mirror that I bought on eBay for the shocking sum of $30. Coming from some junkyard in Rancho Cordova.

Poor snake.

[QUOTE=Duane;2136584]No offense, Bacardi. :slight_smile: My car is sort of a rust bucket and my philosophy is: get to 300,000 miles at the least expense and then I’m upgrading to something else. I’m at 251,068 right now. Mechanically everything is great. Cosmetically I couldn’t care less.

Right now I’m waiting for a replacement driver side mirror that I bought on eBay for the shocking sum of $30. Coming from some junkyard in Rancho Cordova.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, generally, the exterior is my last concern. My car runs awesome even at 236k so I don’t really need anything mechanical done to it. However, the hatch now has a hole in it and I felt it was time to replace it. Trust me it’s getting rust spots here and there, and I KNOW they could be fixed, I just really don’t care. They don’t affect the way it drives, so whatever. And thankfully the frame and undercarriage are clean so I don’t run into rusty bolts. The body just sucks on it.

it will fit, ive transported a hatch 3 times before…use cardboard to protect the paint and tie it down good with rope…I had no problems. GL

IMG00386.JPG

IMG00385.JPG

Dam you got pics of everthing lol

SO! :worry:

Haha, nice pics Jasper. If I ever get another one, I’ll try that :stuck_out_tongue:

I did put the “new” hatch on today. Isn’t perfect but looks worlds better. I am not sure where the spoiler comes from, I don’t care much for it, but I don’t want to mess with it either. It’s not bad from the side.

24957_1423550231373_1311250322_1198243_4620579_n.jpg

carwash.jpg

hatchside.jpg

damn that could be the sequel to snakes on a plane hahaha

I finally saw that movie a couple months ago. I thought it was going to be pretty scary, but it turned out to be so ridiculous it was more like a comedy.

it was a comedy, dude.
:rofl:
wasnt it?

Wow it looks really nice after the wash.

Thinking of swapping out my hatch for another one pretty soon. Was the task difficult? Mind helping a fellow g2 owner with some tips or steps? :slight_smile:

Ok…it wasn’t really that hard, but point blank you need 2 people to do it. You are going to have to drop the headliner, at least in the back (I didn’t drop the whole thing just enough to access the 4 bolts). You will only need to take off a few plastic panels to get to that, not hard at all. Someone said there is a way to leave the epoxy on the car, but I couldn’t for some reason, had to rip it off when the hatch came off :shrug: Also obviously remove the hatch struts. That’s easy, one bolt.

Now when you put it on, that’s when you need 2 people. I sat in the car while my friend made sure it was lined up right. Basically that means the gaps on both sides were equal. So when he said they were, I’d tighten the bolts a bit, do the other side, and come back to make sure it wouldn’t move at all.

It’s really not hard at all just make sure you have a friend, and that you line it up right.