Honda-Tuning closing up shop

I think by now almost everyone has heard about Honda Tuning closing up shop and the reasons why.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this? HT was probably the last in print magazine that would give a car like the 90-93 Integra the time of day.

Links below:

http://www.foliomag.com/2014/source-interlink-media-rebrands-closes-12-titles#.U43fiChivJ0

http://jalopnik.com/automobile-magazine-cuts-90-of-staff-and-fires-editor-1583277569

i havent heard of this…

Links added.

I hadn’t heard of this either and it’s pretty disappointing… I’ve been buying HT for the past decade and I’ve always looked forward to reading it. I guess it’s just hard to keep a print magazine alive these days.

theyre making a mistake… i hate new management. why do people feel the need to change shit like this? leave shit alone…

I wonder how many months they have left of publication?

My subscription is good till 2017. Time to call and get a refund. I don’t want them to just send me a random magazine of their choice.

I just sent them an email to see how much longer my subscription is for and when their last issue will be

I guess I need to send them one also. Just to see what magazine they are going to give me now.

Supposedly it gets rolled into Super Street.

http://stickydiljoe.com/2014/06/02/we-failed-you/

I also had a subscription. Very disappointing. I appreciated that it was written from the perspective of people living the Honda scene not someone who writes about many different cars and was telling you about someone’s Honda. The worst part is there is no “ending” or last few publications. Just like that, it’s done.

I had a subscription to Super Street but switched to Honda-Tuning just because I only wanted to read about Honda’s. I guess I’ll go back to Super Street.

lulz.

Good link & good read.

Less is more
writer wrote too much & could of made it more impactful (granted he has a lot of emotion into it).

I will subcribe to SS for the greater good.

the fact that it was a niche magazine was good… its like having a home and garden magazine but wishing they just had a home OR garden magazine depending on what you pick it up for.

im just saying, the magazines are probably going to be collectors items now or something.

I agree with a lot of what Joey said. The internet is a great source of information, but there’s so much illiteracy and fad-ridden stuff going on that it really doesn’t encourage the younger generation to take anything to another level. Quality honda builds are getting few and far between. I think a big reason behind this is that too many kids would prefer to get props from their facebook friends or instagram followers for their most recent eBay purchase rather than take the time to do anything that requires hard work, patience, or individuality.

At least with some legitimate, quality based media there was hope for maintaining at least an understanding of what quality Hondas are. I am dissapointed…

[QUOTE=rollinmyda;2316288]I agree with a lot of what Joey said. The internet is a great source of information, but there’s so much illiteracy and fad-ridden stuff going on that it really doesn’t encourage the younger generation to take anything to another level. Quality honda builds are getting few and far between. I think a big reason behind this is that too many kids would prefer to get props from their facebook friends or instagram followers for their most recent eBay purchase rather than take the time to do anything that requires hard work, patience, or individuality.

At least with some legitimate, quality based media there was hope for maintaining at least an understanding of what quality Hondas are. I am dissapointed…[/QUOTE]

+1

Well said, rollinmyDA.

All of the magazines related to the scene have become short on content and packed with ads. Ill pick up one or 2 a year if I know the model featured (what up Noemii J) or if i see something cool. Other than that eh. I was always puzzled about the bios of the car owners. Example : Car : 2014 Nissan Skyline GTR . Owner Chip Tran. Age 21. Daily Grind : Full time student at UC Berkley. Then an extensive extensive list of mods. Ok so this kid with no job is driving a car that costs more than the average american makes in a year. He then adds 10s of thousands in mods. Again no listed job and what student makes enough to float a $2000/month car payment? Is it a case of “thanks dad!” Or is he doing something shady?

Wow that’s disappointing. I had a subscription but I found they were doing too much stuff on newer Hondas and not enough on anything in the 90’s, so I let it expire. I can imagine that readership has dropped off considerably though given how everything is electronic now. I’m in that crew where I’d really like to get stuff done to my car but it’s low on the totem pole of life’s bills. I hate student loans so damn much.

Junkman, I would think that perhaps these owners don’t want to state where they work. I wouldn’t. No one really needs to know that info in my humble opinion.