Hondata.. anyone running it?

Besides 93B18… yah i know Leo is running it… but he has a obd1` car… i’m really thinking about it for my 90 which is non-obd. any thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

hey robbie i heard that it wont work for non obd
so other members like integracon have went with zydine!
i believe not sure if thats the correct spelling but hope that helps!:slight_smile:

www.zdyne.com

sheeesh

hondata stage3 + jacked software = hondata stage 4
hondata stage 4 + nonobd to obd1 adapter harness = robbie just got a new hondata setup.

and no, I have no idea how one procures pirated hondata software :slight_smile:

Re: sheeesh

Originally posted by battlecat
[B]hondata stage3 + jacked software = hondata stage 4
hondata stage 4 + nonobd to obd1 adapter harness = robbie just got a new hondata setup.

and no, I have no idea how one procures pirated hondata software :slight_smile: [/B]

hey Daniel email me… urm0m2@aol.com i gots some ish to talk out with yah my amigo… haha tres amigos!!! damn where’s Nate? i might be going the pr3 with vafc for now… besides… i don;t wanna mess with a making a jumper for nonobd to obd1 unless u know how… and my homeboy that does know how, don;t got time… shiet i still need to put it together…

The tres amigos lives on . . .

I too will be going with my PR3 and VAFC when my swap comes round.

hey

http://www.hondata.com/civic8991.html

Also, read this before using piggy back fuel controllers…

http://www.hondata.com/techecuanatomy.html
Scroll down to fuel and ignition maps.

“The VTEC changeover point can be set anywhere within reason. The Hondata method of setting the VTEC point is better than any other piggyback computer. Why? Hondas have two fuel and two ignition maps (see the tech section*). With add on VTEC controllers, the camshaft is forced to switch while running on the wrong fueling and ignition tables. This can cause fuel to be as far as 10% out and ignition to be retarded up to 6 degrees. Some VTEC controllers allow a coarse correction for fuelling, none allow correction for ignition advance. The best method is to switch the maps at the same time the camshaft is changed. This is how Hondata modified ECUs function.”

I’ve always had this question, is it wise to run a modified ECU and still have an Apex-i computer installed too?